Rear leaf spring questions

Whaler

Established Member
I have a set of Strange S6000EM rear shocks for my truck that have not been installed. I have a 2" drop shackle setup on my truck. Any problems with this setup bottoming out?
A friend of mine has an 03' L with a built motor and the same setup. The 60' times need to improve. He has QA1's up front as well. Could this setup be bottoming out th shocks on an 03'? If he goes to 01/02 springs will he need shock extenders?
We need a set of 01/02's if so.
Thanks for the input.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
i have JLP fiberglass mono's, QA1's, JLP trac bars, and no shock extenders. hooks great, no bottoming probs at all.

Whaler

Established Member
boner said:
i have JLP fiberglass mono's, QA1's, JLP trac bars, and no shock extenders. hooks great, no bottoming probs at all.

Are you on a stock or built motor? I didn't do a search. What are your 60's? Do you have a aftermarket TQ convertor? Thanks for the feedback.

Does anyone know how much the stock leafs weigh vs the JLP's?

Last edited:

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
Whaler said:
Are you on a stock or built motor? I didn't do a search. What are your 60's? Do you have a aftermarket TQ convertor? Thanks for the feedback.

Does anyone know how much the stock leafs weigh vs the JLP's?
built motor. never got a good 60', 1.78 was the best on nitto DR's, blew up before i could make it back to the track without blowing the spark out. i do have an aftermarket converter, but i also have a 4L80E. i didnt weigh the stock springs, but i could hardly throw them in the dumpster....... theyre dumb heavy. JLP's weigh 8lbs each...... i think.

Users who are viewing this thread