Rear Leaf Springs

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
herb101 said:
Actually I was thinking that the top and bottom are required, so, of the five, only three 'could' be removed. From what I recall, the 2nd from the bottom is the popular choice.

Herb
ahhhh ok now i get ya
hell maybe ill try it out and see what happens

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
PimpRohr said:
I've contemplated taking out the lower leaf in my springs...wondering how it would ride.

Jesse

Jesse,

If you mean the VERY bottom leaf - the shorter, thicker one - that is essentailly like a 'helper spring' and it probably has a good deal to do with the total load capacity of the springs. I would think you'd loose quite a bit of spring rate by loosing that leaf.

Herb

ronnie

Will work for Truck Parts
Established Member
lightninmike-I have the second from the bottom out on an '03. It handles pretty good. Of course, I am running QA-1's out back, too. I had the bottom two leafs removed for awhile, but the tie bolt(or spring bolt--bolt holding leafs together) didn't have enough threads on it. I shimmed it with a grade 8 washer, but was still seemed loose. I need the tie bolts from a earlier year L, or needed to put some more threads on it. But, just put the leaf back in instead.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
yeah man i want to see what a 99 -02 is like with the one leaf gone cause you got the 4x4 stance from the factory
but thanks for the input :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread