rear shocks

squirellracing

white lightning
Established Member
well im just going to rant on this one ..probably has been done a million times! but i just got done installing the rear shocks and what a PIA !!!!
that ford design tech should be hung cause that is the worse freakin set up in the world ever there is no room to get to that top nut! btu they are in and the truck rides 10x's better now so im happy! just a lil sore from musclen the shock into the mount!

thank you for letting me vent

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
I had to put a deep well socket and turn with a long screw driver to get the driver side top nut off, it took for ever to do, but at the time I couldn't find any other way of doing it. I agree, installing rear shocks on these trucks is a fugging nightmare.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
You can take the bed off?

Other than that, explain this deep socket with a screw driver? I must be not mechanically inclined enough tonight to understand that.

What's wrong with turning with an open end wrench? I know it'll take a while?

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
I just did mine and was not hard at all, took the wheel and tire off then I just put a open ended wrench on the bottom nut trough the hole on the frame to keep the shaft from turning, then use a close end ratchet type wrench stick my hand trough the opening between the frame and the bed, took me only a few minuted to get nut off.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
svtjackal said:
I just did mine and was not hard at all, took the wheel and tire off then I just put a open ended wrench on the bottom nut trough the hole on the frame to keep the shaft from turning, then use a close end ratchet type wrench stick my hand trough the opening between the frame and the bed, took me only a few minuted to get nut off.

DIng DIng DIng we have a winner...only easy I found to do it. and dear god I have done enough of them...:bash:

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
I would have used a quick wrench type thing, but I didn't have one nor did I feel like going to Sears to get the tool. I just used what I had in my toolbox and got it done that way.

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
gettin the old one out wasnt that bad just not much room. now putting dang strange engineering shocks in took forever and was a pain on driver side. had to have the right tools to put it on

Users who are viewing this thread