Rear tires for Race Stars... advice..

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yup, I have decided against the 325 also.. its down to the M&H Race master 275 or MT 275/295. Beefcake told me 275 MT but no real explanation. Every forum I have read ppl are having better luck on M&H for traction. Need to order these soon.. just stuck..

here is the explanation :)

beefwheel1.jpg

DCook

Established Member
Also anyone running the 15x10's with the sway bar relocation brackets also running LCA relocation brackets? I've heard that running both will cause rubbing. What did you have to do to fix this?

There can be rubbing. I think the max section width I can get away with is probably 12.5".

I ran Nitto NT555R 325/50R15 with a section width of 13.11 and sometimes I would get a little bit of a bunny hop effect while turning. The tires had some wear on the inner sidewall from rubbing.

Also ran Hoosier Quick Time 295/60R15 with a section width of 12.5 and those had very minimal rubbing. I attribute that to the fact that they are bias ply and so theres more sidewall flex.

No rubbing at all on Mickey Thompson ET Street SS 295/65R15s. with a 12.0 section width.

A radial in 12.5 section width or below will probably be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread