Rear Wheel HP with 13-6 Kit and No Pulley Upgrade

RangerDLA

Established Member
Just curious. For those with a 13-6 kit (stock pulley) on an otherwise stock GT500, what HP are you putting down? What's HP at the crank? I'd like to get some fender plates with 700 on them and want to be close. Thanks, I don't have the time to go dyno it myself. Thanks!

Last edited:

carguy19

Established Member
JDM had a car that made serious power without a pulley just bolt on stuff.

Jim III will chime in I think if he sees this.

JimIII@jdm

With the JLT 123mm, Ford Racing Twin 65mm throttle body and our custom tune we regularly see 650-670 RWHP. Conditions vary so do the cars sometimes! As far as it goes its about a 70+ RWHP gain from stock. Check it out on our website here, called the JDM 750 Kit

Turbosixx

Established Member
So how much does the upper pulley add? I'm still on the stock pulley with a 13-6 kit.

Shelbysteve

Established Member
A guy up here in Michigan with a 14 made 707 with stock pulley, jlt, TB and tune. With same mods, pulley swap and retune, car made 744. I was floored when I seen it spit those numbers 4 different times. Not sure if the dyno reads high or what, but I was shocked.

JDM had a car that made serious power without a pulley just bolt on stuff.

Jim III will chime in I think if he sees this.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
A guy up here in Michigan with a 14 made 707 with stock pulley, jlt, TB and tune. With same mods, pulley swap and retune, car made 744. I was floored when I seen it spit those numbers 4 different times. Not sure if the dyno reads high or what, but I was shocked.

Well, my thought is "penetration, however slight is sufficient to complete the offense". What i refer to is, if you're gonna void the warranty with a tune anyway, ya might as well up the boost while you're at it.....

shetheri

Established Member
How much HP a car will make (rather read) is dependent on many factors. A better approach is to determine the net gain from a known starting point. Most cars that I have seen on this forum baseline between 590 and 610 stock. So with the 13-6 kit and a pulley, an increase of approximately 100-120 RWHP should be realized, so this would equate to 690-730 RWHP depending on the baseline dyno.

For instance, when I baselined my car it read really low compared to most on here at 570 RWHP. However, this was on an OEM dyno that is used by both Ford and GM, so I know that it is calibrated to the strictest SAE standards and is ISO certified. When I started adding mods (Kook's LT's, OR H-pipe, JLT 127 CF, twin 65 TB, upper pulley, very conservative dyno tune) I am now making 720 RWHP on the same dyno. This is a net gain of 150 RWHP, which I can live with. Is it as high as other claim from the same mods? No, but the gain is about the same as others see.

So, bottom line, how much power your car will make depends on where it starts.

carguy19

Established Member

That sounds like a very "generous" dyno.

Not likely that those are actual numbers.

I understand that those were the numbers that it was reading but those mods dont usually add up to that power level on pump gas.

As an example: My car is:

15% lower
Ported and welded TVS
Ported BPS Elbow
FRPP Twin TB
ARH 1 7/8 LT headers
Off road pipe
Plugs
JLT 123
custom tune by lund

My car made 757 to wheels and 777 tq. Thats on a mustang dyno.

I honestly don't think a bolt on/no pulley car makes over 700 to the wheels if it were measured on a fair dyno.

carguy19

Established Member
How much HP a car will make (rather read) is dependent on many factors. A better approach is to determine the net gain from a known starting point. Most cars that I have seen on this forum baseline between 590 and 610 stock. So with the 13-6 kit and a pulley, an increase of approximately 100-120 RWHP should be realized, so this would equate to 690-730 RWHP depending on the baseline dyno.

For instance, when I baselined my car it read really low compared to most on here at 570 RWHP. However, this was on an OEM dyno that is used by both Ford and GM, so I know that it is calibrated to the strictest SAE standards and is ISO certified. When I started adding mods (Kook's LT's, OR H-pipe, JLT 127 CF, twin 65 TB, upper pulley, very conservative dyno tune) I am now making 720 RWHP on the same dyno. This is a net gain of 150 RWHP, which I can live with. Is it as high as other claim from the same mods? No, but the gain is about the same as others see.

So, bottom line, how much power your car will make depends on where it starts.

See my mod list... I have pretty much the same stuff as you except for the ported and welded blower and different pulley setup.

You should do your blower. 30hp to the wheels extra if you want it done and for a reasonable price. Let me know if you want me to refer you to a friend to do it.

Shelbysteve

Established Member
I agree. I told him there was very little chance it actually made that much. I do believe they were not sae numbers, but std numbers. Which is 1 reason it read high.

QUOTE=carguy19;14494737]That sounds like a very "generous" dyno.

Not likely that those are actual numbers.

I understand that those were the numbers that it was reading but those mods dont usually add up to that power level on pump gas.

As an example: My car is:

15% lower
Ported and welded TVS
Ported BPS Elbow
FRPP Twin TB
ARH 1 7/8 LT headers
Off road pipe
Plugs
JLT 123
custom tune by lund

My car made 757 to wheels and 777 tq. Thats on a mustang dyno.

I honestly don't think a bolt on/no pulley car makes over 700 to the wheels if it were measured on a fair dyno.[/QUOTE]

RRDave

Established Member

So, for upper pulley a difference of 37.
Anyone know what it would be for 10% and 15% lowers?

Users who are viewing this thread