Rear wheels shake slightly in neutral with e-brake on...

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Just kind of strange. I was cleaning my wheels today with the car running and brake on and I noticed my rear wheels were shaking very slightly at a fast rate of speed. No noises that are out of ordinary. Any ideas?

OldSVTGuy

Established Member
Bad bearings?? Bad CV joints?? Man, that is a weird one. How about control arm bushings?? Could be a lot of things. Hope it gets figured out.... I would say it is definitely not normal.

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Yeah man. I tend to think I know a decent amount about cars but this one is strange. Ill get a vid in a bit.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Check the torque on your halfshaft to hub retaining nut. 36mm, 240-250#.

If that is tight you most likely have a bad rear knuckle bearing. If you've been driving it like that for a while you most likley toasted the hub as well.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Just had the passenger rear bearing replaced last Friday. Driver side is perfect.

I do have two new axle nuts sitting in the garage since they are TTY pieces.

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
Actually that's how you start the slow and painful transition of a Cobra into a Mustang GT. Which BTW does NOT ride or handle as well as a Cobra! ;-):poke:

Now all you need is an automatic! :p

Lol......

I've contemplated a live axle swap, but I do like the handling of the independent rear.....

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
Actually that's how you start the slow and painful transition of a Cobra into a Mustang GT. Which BTW does NOT ride or handle as well as a Cobra! ;-):poke:

Now all you need is an automatic! :p

now if i could only find one of those pesky 2 valve motors ive been hearing so much about.

don cobra

Banned
Sounds like a bad bearing. Changing this bearing is very easy. Just need to press the bearing. To me like 90 minutes to do mine...

Users who are viewing this thread