Reasonable request?

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by TPOC
I think they would go for slapping it on. I'm just not sure about other mods, but they have put on a exhaust kit (not sure what type) on a silver one that was on display at the dealer before I bought mine. They also put a Cobra R wing on as well. Looked pretty damn nice.

So just maybe
That's a good sign!

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I asked my dealer about Ford mufflers and brakes (mentioned right in the SVT booklet that came with the car), and they advised that they (a) would not install these parts, and (b) if found on the car, it would be assumed I was racing and thus the warranty would be void.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Well, you are probably right, but I need to get some ramps and/or a jack and stands. Never had a house and garage until now, and I suppose I need to go shopping.

Haven't priced those lately. Guess I need to look if they ain't gonna do it for free. Most prices I have seen so far are ~$175 for install.

Autozone (Dallas): $29.xx

Backing on to them for cat-back install should be easy, but if you put the front wheels on them (as I do for oil changes) it's best to pull on to them on an uphill incline so you don't push the bumper too much.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Well, you are probably right, but I need to get some ramps and/or a jack and stands. Never had a house and garage until now, and I suppose I need to go shopping.

I'd nix the ramps, those things are just plain dangerous IMO. Go to Sears and pick up the nice big floor jack/ jack stand combo. I got mine for less than $100 on sale for both. The highest I've seen it is around $130. It's a good jack, but the stands may be a tad too high. Shorther jackstands are cheap though... DON'T get the "one pump to body" type. That one pump thing is nice, but it sucks when you are actually jacking up the car compared to the normal floor jack they sell..

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
I'd nix the ramps, those things are just plain dangerous IMO. Go to Sears and pick up the nice big floor jack/ jack stand combo. I got mine for less than $100 on sale for both. The highest I've seen it is around $130. It's a good jack, but the stands may be a tad too high. Shorther jackstands are cheap though... DON'T get the "one pump to body" type. That one pump thing is nice, but it sucks when you are actually jacking up the car compared to the normal floor jack they sell..

Now see... I have the jack/stand combo and I thought the ramps were easier and safer :shrug:
To each his/her own I guess :-D

Users who are viewing this thread