Rebuild or Crate Motor

Droptopfiveo

I have a 1993 Mustang GT Convertible 5 speed. I've had the car since 1996, bought it in Hawaii while stationed at Hickam AFB. The car has been all over the world with me throughout my military career. Well I retired in 2013 and now I want to do some restoration to the car. It needs paint and I want to rebuild or replace the motor which has 134K miles on it. There is more as well such as 5 lug disc brake conversion. The motor is in great condition but I want more horsepower.

My question is should I rebuild the factory motor or buy the Ford 390 HP motor for 3,600.00? I'm looking to get 400HP from the motor. What all would I need to do to the factory motor during the rebuild to achieve 400HP?

Bryan

jbs$

Established Member
Crate motor with a warranty is the way to go. Just decide on how much HP that you can afford and send in your money.

TaraFirma

Established Member
Coyote swap. Instant 400+ HP
If you really want to stay pushrod, I'd go with a forged bottom end crate from any respectable builder and a proven HCI combo.

Dig Race

Established Member
Coyote swap gets you a ford warranty too. After getting my 2011 5.0 I can't wait to do a coyote swap in my fox

Users who are viewing this thread