Recaro seats

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
Wow. Not sure why they dont offer the heated seat option. I have gotten spoiled from my V6 with the many options - electronics package, rear view camera, and heated seats and neglected (tech toys) from my 03 cobra. I just want one car with it all...power and tech toys/features. I guess I just have to decide what I can live without.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Or just add seat heaters - katzkin sells a kit. Simple enough to swap a power seat lower from a normal GT500 too. Then you have power heated seats.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Why the F*** would you want heated seats in a muscle car? You plan on driving in it the middle of winter?

rdsnk46

Established Member
Cold leather = cold balls! Seat heater = happy pants. You must have never had heated seats, they are awesome!

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
Why the F*** would you want heated seats in a muscle car? You plan on driving in it the middle of winter?

Here in Germany there are many cold days in the spring and fall where I don't actually use the heater but just activate the heated seats. If I spend $50K for a car I may not drive it in the snow but it can still serve as a 4 season car. Feel free to park yours for the winter.

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
Don't need heated seats here in Texas, but I have to say these Recaros are amazing! Sitting in a "normal" seat now seems so boring, I love the feeling of sitting IN them instead of ON the old ones.

bull3441

Established Member
i drive mine everyday. 2" of snow is the cutoff for me in the winter. otherwise daily driven.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
You gotta realize that these are race seats that's why there are no options

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
56lb race seats

Lighter than stock seats. Didnt realize race seats had a proper weight. But then again you didn't know heated seats weren't a option. You only thought u might.

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
Its weird cause you can get heated seats on a GT premium. I know for 07-09's you can get them dealer installed.

khuttman

Very new cobra guy
Established Member
Better question - does anyone else have problems with inserts?

I have the Recaro seats on my 2012 Shelby, the plastics inserts, which I gather are for a harness should you so decide continue to come apart, seems the plastic hooks that hold them together are not strong enough, push the pieces together, few minutes driving down the road and pop bang to the back of the head? I sent question to myford.com but with still no answer...?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I have the Recaro seats on my 2012 Shelby, the plastics inserts, which I gather are for a harness should you so decide continue to come apart, seems the plastic hooks that hold them together are not strong enough, push the pieces together, few minutes driving down the road and pop bang to the back of the head? I sent question to myford.com but with still no answer...?

Wow I'm glad you have provided us with this info. How many miles on you 2012

Blaine

Established Member
Wow. Not sure why they dont offer the heated seat option. I have gotten spoiled from my V6 with the many options - electronics package, rear view camera, and heated seats and neglected (tech toys) from my 03 cobra. I just want one car with it all...power and tech toys/features. I guess I just have to decide what I can live without.

Butt warmers/coolers.. and all the nanny options for luxury cars have do ONE THING and ONE Thing only in Sports cars-----------> ADD WEIGHT Weight which is the last thing on the planet earth the GT500 needs. I'm sure by the looks of the Recaros they aren't too light compared to other race seats, but they should be lighter than the stockers.

Recaros are not for looks and are not for comfort they are for increased side support for corners and to REDUCE WEIGHT. Thats it.

But on another note: You can add seat heaters, butt massagers to about any seat if you take it to an aftermarket seat shop.

If you want SPEED and luxury... The GT500 is not for you, and esp. stay away from a VIPER.... You need a CTS-V.:pop:

I guess if we cared about weight we would get real race seats:

maisano_30.jpg

I think I may just go for a 2011 wo/this option and get these instead. 24lbs each instread of 56lbs. Thats 64lbs saved right there.

Cold weather + GT500 tires = No traction But I've driven my old GT500 with drag radials even in a snow storm and survived.. somehow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread