Recaro vs leather seats

D.T.R

Established Member
Hey guys, i was just wondering... is there a weight difference on the recaro vs the leather/premium seats?
thanks.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
they are all heavy lol

The seats by them self is pretty close. the main this is the seat track. if you have a power seat you pretty much need a engine hoist to lift that sucker out lol

D.T.R

Established Member
haha true that Eric.
I was just wondering if anyone has factual data. I wanted to see exactly what each weight.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Easily 60lbs for each leather seat with airbag and power. The heat doesn't add much weight though.

KonaFifty

Established Member
you could probably go with base seats and throw leathers on them. when i took mine out to put leathers on, it did not feel like 60 lbs. felt closer to like 40/50 lbs.

SCalla1384

Established Member
I weighed my passenger seat and bracket

D641275B-281C-460D-8CA3-368370E7EDB7_zpskiaxnipt.jpg

Right at 60lbs. I have heated, all adjustable I think it's like 10 way, leather with suede inserts.

Pretty sure they are the heaviest option seat. Corbeau LG1's are on my list :)

Paul.

Established Member
My OEM 401A premium heated, power passenger seat weighed 57.8 pounds according to my fancy bathroom scale. I did a full conversion that transformed a set of cloth FRPP Recaros to full heated/power/leather Shelby Recaros. The manual cloth FRPP Recaro started at 54.8 pounds. The finished heated/power/leather passenger Recaro was 62.2 pounds, which is heavier than the OEM passenger seat. The reality is this: the power base weighs a few pounds more than manual base, (by about 3.5 pounds IIRC) but the Recaro seat weighs more than the OEM leather seat. At the end of the day, it's pretty much a wash. You're not going to save any significant weight by installing manual Recaros.

If you want some additional detail, see Tob's thread that I contributed to regarding converting to power/heated/leather Recaros.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?909957-My-FRPP-Recaro-s-just-came-in/page7

Once again, a recap:
- Stock power/heated/leather 401A seats = 57.8 pounds
- FRPP manual/cloth Recaro = 54.8 pounds
- Converted power/leather/heated/adjustable lumbar Recaros = 62.2 pounds

Paul.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread