Received my Speed of Sound Pod!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I ordered a pod from Alan at Speed of Sound for my 04 vert. The reason I went with his was (1) he offered one for the convertible (2) it replaces the existing pillar...it's not a stick on (3) I had heard a lot of good things about it here on our site.

I just wanted to tell you all that it comes as advertised. It is a VERY good looking piece and the pictures here don't do it justice. I realize that personal preference is a big part of any buying process, but this one is worth the price of admission. What also needs to be mentioned is the customer service I received from Alan. He was always in contact through email and kept me informed of the status of my order at all times. It was shipped promptly and was well packaged.

Thanks Alan for a great product and for your incredible customer service!!

Oh yeah...CobraBob...it REALLY does look better than the Autometer piece!

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Thanks so much for your kind words Larry. It's messages like this that make all the hard work and struggling worthwhile. I'm happy you are pleased with our part and the service you've received so far (I say so far, because I'm still available if you need a hand/advice on the install).

It's hard to believe a year has passed and what has transpired over this time period. All of your support has been great. Both positive and negative feedback are utilized to press forward and ensure our next products meet or exceed very high standards.

I'm overwhelmed with the knowledge our part will be under Christmas trees this year. Knowing the pillars are on someone's "wish list" for a gift provides a feeling of pride I can't start to explain.

I say thank YOU!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Can you post a picture of it?

When I get it installed, I'll take some photos and see if I can't get them to come out properly. Many of the photos here make it look like the pods are facing off in different directions. They're not.

You know, I was thinking it has been a few years since I've been to the East Coast. Some oysters and lobster sounds good to me.... Maybe I should plan a trip so you can see for yourself...and take it for a drive yourself so you can "see" how they fit. :D

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
When I get it installed, I'll take some photos and see if I can't get them to come out properly. Many of the photos here make it look like the pods are facing off in different directions. They're not.

You know, I was thinking it has been a few years since I've been to the East Coast. Some oysters and lobster sounds good to me.... Maybe I should plan a trip so you can see for yourself...and take it for a drive yourself so you can "see" how they fit. :D

Funny thing you mention the photos and the weird optical illusion. The pods are straight as can be, but I think the offset of the two bullets and the shadows in the car play a trick on the camera. I'm going into a studio with a pro photog and have some shots done for publication purposes. Perhaps with the right lighting and equipment that strange effect will be done away with.

When you head east, come through Memphis. Good music and barbeque to be had here. Another mustang guy is always welcome...

Users who are viewing this thread