Recommend oil for 347 stroker

werstlna

Established Member
Like title says, recommend an oil for fairly normal street use in AZ. Car has .525" lift roller cam, AFR heads, catted, fuel injected, 5 speed, stock A9L computer. Break in already done with conventional oil.

5.0Flareside

Established Member
roller cam? if so Signature Series Amsoil 10W30 if stock clearances, and if your in Arizona like profile says.

werstlna

Established Member
How does Royal Purple HPS 10w-30 compare to Amsoil? Amazon pricing on RP is considerably less than Amsoil.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
I use 30 weight Rotella Diesel oil with my 331 stroker. It has a large amount of detergent in it which keeps the internal parts clean. Everytime you go for a re-build you can notice who uses the detergent oil because the parts will be relatively clean compared to conventional oil.

It's what most engine builders recommend.

Last edited:

5.0Flareside

Established Member
I use 30 weight Rotella Diesel oil with my 331 stroker. It has a large amount of detergent in it which keeps the internal parts clean. Everytime you go for a re-build you can notice who uses the detergent oil because the parts will be relatively clean compared to conventional oil.

It's what most engine builders recommend.

no.. just simply bad info in here..

all oils have additives to promote cleaning and upkeep of that clean. depends on how much is where the difference lies..

conventional oil has it also. and your precious rotella is a base end oil. nothing special that a gas engine oil can't do.

if your using it cause the higher zinc content well be prepared to be saddened.. its barely got more zinc than a gas engine oil anymore.

and most of all, if roller can, there's no need for the higher zinc..

GotBoost?!

Established Member
Like title says, recommend an oil for fairly normal street use in AZ. Car has .525" lift roller cam, AFR heads, catted, fuel injected, 5 speed, stock A9L computer. Break in already done with conventional oil.

Go with what the engine builder recommends.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread