Recommendations for launching on nitrous

1quick

Established Member
I have an auto 14 gt stock converter, with intake exhaust and a nx wet kit, it has lca's upper and mount pan hard rod front sway bar removed and et street pro's it dead hooks, last time at the track I sprayed the 100 shot I don't have a window switch, I just stalled it to 1500 and hit it on the launch, that got me an 11.5 at 119, some people recommended I leave off idle and spray and it would leave a little harder, is that the way to go on a stock converter car? I really want to touch a high 10 so I'll probably run the 100 a time or two and throw the 150 on it

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
That's what I would try. Leave off idle and spray it on the hit. Probably the best way to get the most flash out of the stock converter given it still hooks. Should still have enough load on the suspension in gear to not shock the tires too bad.

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
I have had nitrous for years you need a window switch do not engage nitrous before 2500rpms or you will blow intake off

Not entirely true for autos, leave off idle with stock converter go wot and nitrous at the same time and you will be fine, nitrous takes a bit of time to hit the cylinders and by the time it does your knocking on 3000rpm, kinda like leaving on the last yellow to cut a good reaction, ive sprayed mine for years like that and never popped an intake.... you will never hit 10s with a 100 shot, not unless you do a ton of weight reduction, a 125 will put you in a 11.0 range and a 150 will put you in the 10.50s-80s depending on tune

Last edited:

1quick

Established Member
Not entirely true for autos, leave off idle with stock converter go wot and nitrous at the same time and you will be fine, nitrous takes a bit of time to hit the cylinders and by the time it does your knocking on 3000rpm, kinda like leaving on the last yellow to cut a good reaction, ive sprayed mine for years like that and never popped an intake.... you will never hit 10s with a 100 shot, not unless you do a ton of weight reduction, a 125 will put you in a 11.0 range and a 150 will put you in the 10.50s-80s depending on tune

I was just coming to update this thread, I ended up launching at 1500 and and cut an 11.3 with a 1.6 60 at 121mph, I upped the jets but the DA rose around 1000 feet between passes (I jacked around for a while and let the car cool down) and on the 125 shot I ran 11.2 @ 124 I never got a chance to run the 150 shot a car broke and oiled down the track, Im going to pick up some front runners and head back in some better da and see what happens

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I dont know about n20 auto coyotes but i do know n2o auto windsors. Flashing off idle with no window switch caught my car on fire after it destroyed my cobra intake, tb, maf, air filter, hood, and fender. Im lucky it happened at the track so they could put the fire out.

Just some food for thought

Users who are viewing this thread