Recommendations on father/son project car

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Mach 1 or 01 cobra would be a nice score in the budget.

However, I thought a father/son project it would be cool to do a fox. Push rod motor, put a set of heads on. Learn head gaskets, set rocker arm lash, timing light, torque specs, intake manifold and header install.

Adower

Established Member
96-98 cobra
Gears
Cams
Cai
Headers
Suspension

12s

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
Mach 1 or 01 cobra would be a nice score in the budget.

However, I thought a father/son project it would be cool to do a fox. Push rod motor, put a set of heads on. Learn head gaskets, set rocker arm lash, timing light, torque specs, intake manifold and header install.

So I wanted that and good modern drivability.
I'm teaching my daughter all the basics on the 300 I6 in what we bought along with putting together the 408w that's going in it.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
If you can find a 1.7l or 2.1L KB it would make the M1 a nice sleeper.

03 mach 17.JPG
03 mach 172.JPG

Dusten

Established Member
I'm not into the classics
I know this is shocking a lot of people, but classic mustangs just aren't that cool.
They drive like shit. The ergo's are ****ing terrible. They're small. They're expensive.
I have a restored 68 and it hasn't left my shop in 4 years because I don't like it.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I know this is shocking a lot of people, but classic mustangs just aren't that cool.
They drive like shit. The ergo's are ****ing terrible. They're small. They're expensive.
I have a restored 68 and it hasn't left my shop in 4 years because I don't like it.
I'll give you 68 dollars for it

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

13BlackGT

Established Member
I vote for a foxbody. Pretty easy to work on. Parts are either reproduced or used available. Not going to lose value if you don’t go crazy with the build

91 coupe, 93 coupe, 13 Gt

Machdup1

Established Member
Mach 1, forge the motor, twin turbo, fuel system, grippy clutch, 31-spline upgrades to axles and diff, roll cage tires and wheels and tune. You might need some suspension upgrades and maybe a drive shaft.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

I can only disagree with your first sentence. Classic Mustangs are the epitome of Mustangs and are the coolest of all Mustangs.

But your other statements are true when comparing classic Mustangs to modern Mustangs LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread