Recommendations on father/son project car

Dusten

Established Member
I can only disagree with your first sentence. Classic Mustangs are the epitome of Mustangs and are the coolest of all Mustangs.

But your other statements are true when comparing classic Mustangs to modern Mustangs LOL.

They're cool in that sense. But owning one for 8 years has provided zero joy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I hear what you're saying Dusten. The older/classic Mustang are cool, but typically lack the driving fun of later/modern Mustangs. But I understand why some would prefer the original classics. The only "classic" Mustangs I'd enjoy to own/drive would be a '70 428 Cobra Jet/Super Cobra Jet, or a '70 Boss 429. I wouldn't be excited about earlier Mustangs, especially a '64 1/2 - '66. Just my own personal tastes. We're all different.

Back in the '90s a friend of mine and his young son (16 or 17 years old) restored a 1970 Mach 1 together. They both loved doing it together and result was astounding. When finished, dad presented it to his son, who drove it on weekends and to local/regional car shows.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Mach 1 would be cool. But there are going up in value (or inflation) as well.. I see junk listed for over 10k.

I plan to start collecting some terminators. I'd like to get one for each of my kids. Mainly because I've had one their entire child hood. Would be cool to get one for each of them in their favorite color.

Users who are viewing this thread