Recommended settins for qa1 adjustable shocks

V-Sicks

Established Member
Car is a 01 cobra, still have IRS, 4.56's, eibach pro kit, 26x11.5x16 et streets and minor bolt ons. Really wanting to 60' low 1.6s, what would you recommend I set my shocks at? They are at 3 right now and the rear sinks quite a bit, shoud I stiffen them up a bit?

HIPSI

Established Member
The best thing to do is go to the track and adjust on them trial and error what works for one car may not work on another.so go play @the track and have fun

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
if they are the double adjustables, alot of irs cars will bottom out the rear and bounce back up, this is what causes the traction issues I would go stiff, and work on rebound settings

glenner

glenner
Established Member
Not sure on your vehicle I set mine all the way to neg in front and turn the rear all the way to pos (plus). I have a ECT locker it may be a different set up but it shifts the weight to the rear tires. Qa-1 coils with 12 way adjustable front and rear full legth subframe connectors Steeda hardcore drag race adjustable upper and weight jacker lower. And on and on. 17 pounds boost Vortech SQ-T trim with Vortech blow off and intercooler tuned by Livernois Motorsports. 298 Stroker stage 3 heads extrude honed intake accufab throttle body CPR fuel rails 8an braided line from pumps to injectors. Cobra tank, focus dual pumps, kenne bell boosta pump and 40 amp upgrade FPDM stage 2 on a nice tune for VP MS103 last dyno pulled 598hp and 515 torque on dynojet dyno. Mosier axles and the list goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread