Red Line tuning hood shock people.....

Redline Tuning

Established Member
Hello Lightning Bob,

___You are correct in the way you are deciding to mount your gas springs. The reason we recommend mounting them with the larger gas filled end at the fender is because hoods are mainly closed. Since 99% of the time hoods are closed, we want the strut to be lubricated with the cylinder slightly higher...

___With the 99-04 Mustangs, the fender line has only a slight forward drop - enough to warrant mounting them the way we suggest. However, I have read a study where this makes absolutely no difference - we have had our QuickLIFTs installed for two years now on our Mustangs, Focus' and Contour without a problem.

___The gas springs we ship in all our QuickLIFTs are made specifically for us - they are tested at random as described on our site - when cycle tested by an independant lab over 73,000 times, our gas-springs deviated less than 1% of initial rated force. We also warrant these units for 2 full years from the purchase date - don't worry about them.

___As with any mechanical device, it wouldn't hurt to maintain it. By removing the struts and cycling them a few times on the ground, you will help lubricate them better than can be done with them mounted on your vehicle.

___The sound that they make when working is nothing but the high pressure Nitrogen/oil mixture passing through a valve. They are working hard to lift the heavy hoods - noise and heat are a natural by-product.

___We are most concerned about the riveting issues presented here. Please email us if you having problems - there is nothing that can't be resolved.

Thanks again,
Brian
Redline Tuning

Last edited:

maoun

Established Member
Brian, you should know that even with the problems I had, I truly respect your company, your service, and your product. I only wish every company was as respectable as yours.

Thanks
Marwane.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I'd like to go on record and say that I've had zero problems with my hood struts. The install instructions from Redline were OUTSTANDING and it seems like the product is as well.

It's unfortunate that folks are having difficulties. I'll do my best to avoid this particular issue. I couldn't be happier at the moment with my hood shocks.

EatonMe

Originally posted by maoun
Brian, you should know that even with the problems I had, I truly respect your company, your service, and your product. I only wish every company was as respectable as yours.

Thanks
Marwane.

The same goes for me.

I really liked the hood shocks when I had them on. Thought it was cooler than shit being able to open the hood without having to stick that gaudy prop up. If it weren't for the holes in the hood, I'd have put a new set put back on in a heartbeat.

If I could go back, and do it all over again, I'd have bought some peel type POP rivets, instead of the rivets that came with the kit. I don't think they would have came through the fiberglass as easily. But, then again, maybe they would - and they'd just put even larger holes in the hood instead.:lol:

I appreciate you taking the time coming here, and trying to make everything right. I also appreciate the group buy you gave us a few months ago for the hood shocks. And I hope I didn't deter anyone from purchasing your product with my posts.

Thanks Brian. -Josh

Last edited by a moderator:

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I noticed the shocks where locked up when i installed them. Since then, ive always been very careful to make sure they "unlock" when i close my hood.

One day, ill probably end up replacing them with a Ricerzone stock replacement that matches to stop that issue.

You can prolly do this mod for alot less if you can find the brackets. The other parts are cheap.

COBRASVT

Established Member
I have only had mine on since 4/1/04, but I love them thus far....and the companies customer service is 2nd to none.

I will be watching them more closely, but will never get rid of them.

Hell, even if they repped two holes in my hood, I'd just glass the holes over and put them back on.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
These gas struts are the second thing on my "to do" list ... the first thing is to get a friggin job (layed off last Aug). If anyone is hesitant to do the install and has already purchased a kit, I hearby offer to buy it from you, if it's unopened, and as long as I can get service from the company (seeing as how I'm not the original purchaser, and if it will work on a '95.

E-mail me ...

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread