redline retailer?

nduction03

Established Member
I've only been able to see Redline Oil products through mail order. Does anyone know of any retailer's (auto parts stores, etc.) where you can walk in and get some?

Thanks in advance, bored on a Saturday.....

nduction03

Established Member
Thanks for the reply... My local Carquest, Autozone and Napa don't have it. Anybody know about PepBoys?

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Any major auto parts store will have it. I've bought Reline water wetter at 3 different stores. :beer:

I personally have never seen Red Line lubricants at any mass merchandiser, only specialty sites.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
you can get Water Wetter at Pep Boys but I've never seen any other Redline products at retail stores...

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
I've never seen RedLine in person before, I hear about it on the net, read about it in magazines, but it's like a fairy tale or myth ... lol

The only way to get it is to mail order it.

When I do my oil change, I run down to the local "Advanced Auto" like 2 miles or less down the road, pick up my 7 quarts of mobil1 (5w-30) and a filter.

That to me is so much easier then having to mail order and wait for the stuff.

I would like to use redline, and hell if a store near me sold it I'd buy it.

I don't understand thier idea of marketing. I'd pump up production, start placing adds, and have that shit stocked on the selfs of every auto parts store. People already pay 5 bucks a quart for mobil 1 ...... I'm sure 7 a quart for RedLine would go over pretty well.

Maybe they don't need our money?

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by NeedForSpeed
I've never seen RedLine in person before, I hear about it on the net, read about it in magazines, but it's like a fairy tale or myth ... lol

The only way to get it is to mail order it.

When I do my oil change, I run down to the local "Advanced Auto" like 2 miles or less down the road, pick up my 7 quarts of mobil1 (5w-30) and a filter.

That to me is so much easier then having to mail order and wait for the stuff.

I would like to use redline, and hell if a store near me sold it I'd buy it.

I don't understand thier idea of marketing. I'd pump up production, start placing adds, and have that shit stocked on the selfs of every auto parts store. People already pay 5 bucks a quart for mobil 1 ...... I'm sure 7 a quart for RedLine would go over pretty well.

Maybe they don't need our money?

They do need your money, but this is such a niche product that it would be too costly for them to market it and inventory it.

I just buy it by the case - a simple solution to the "drive down to the store" problem.

nduction03

Established Member
Went around town again today. As you can guess, most replies were :eek: :dw: :dw: :eek:

The typical auto parts store reaction was like Red Line was some commie oil......

This is dirt track country, you would think the local area would know about a racing oil....

Mail order it is I guess....

Cobra'03

Established Member
Summit Racing sells it, Steeda, etc. Of course they make a full line of products, not just racing formulations. I buy it direct from Red Line - the shipping is costly so I try to hit them up on the wholesale price. They have a stocking dealer list, so hit them up with a match and find one closer so you can reduce shipping costs.

Self help, anyone? You guys have the answer right at your fingertips - the Internet. A quick check of RL's site revealed a dealer list, and one in Dallas.
http://www.redlineoil.com/dealers.htm

Last edited:

nduction03

Established Member
Originally posted by SC457A
where in dfw are you? i know of 3 or 4 stores garland mesquite area that stock it

Hey sc457a,

Let me know which stores. I'm east in Greenville (cow country to you).

lol

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by NeedForSpeed

You actually spend your money at advance auto parts?

I found them to be VERY high priced years ago and haven't been back since.

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
wow.... high priced?

They are the cheapest around here,

We have the following

Pep Boys
Advanced Auto
ABC Auto
Auto Zone
Mechanics
Napa

ETC........

Advanced to me has had some of the cheapest prices.
Hmm....... I've shopped around for fuel injectors, front end brake parts and other misc tune up\basic stuff and they've been consistanly cheaper.

no clue??

Users who are viewing this thread