Regrets?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Nothing major. There's probably a couple of new vehicles I wouldn't have bought if I had to do it over again and bought used instead, but other than that not really.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Getting married. Worst decision of my life.

So many people say getting married is something that's almost considered a necessity yet I have numerous friends/acquaintances that say don't do it.

Would you mind briefly elaborating?

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I have a few simple regrets, chicks I should have gotten to know better, people I should have stayed in touch with, but I only have one regret that bothers me badly. When I was stationed in Sicily I rented a house that had a decent sized and tiered property. The owner left his dog there which was a large GSD and Belgian shepherd cross. Beautiful and friendly dog but this dog slaughtered cats. My wife and I came to the conclusion that the local cat gangs initiation was to make it across my yard. I can't tell you how many half cats, shredded cats, or cat parts I found in the yard. I even saved a few that had been mauled but couldn't make it out. This is all in the first month I'd been in the house.
I had two cats. They stayed in the house or up on the wrap around porch. One morning I was getting ready for my 72 hour shift and went outside to put some stuff in the car. Knowing I had more to bring out I left the downstairs door open and went back upstairs. When I moved to go back out for the second trip I noticed the upstairs door was partially open. My first thought was the cat had gotten out so I went downstairs real quick and looked around. I didn't see the cat but heard something happening in the hedge off to my left. This hedge was up against a tier in the yard so I couldn't see what the dog was doing but I could see where she was. The sun wasn't up yet so all I could tell was that she had something and I thought for sure it was my cat. That and the noises I could hear made me think of all the dead cats and mauled cats I cleaned up in the yard. I dove into the edge of the hedge and started throwing haymakers into the dog trying to get her off my cat. The dog made yelping noises but wouldn't budge. I grabbed her by the throat and dragged her up onto my tier and out of the hedge. I held her back and looked over the tier expecting to see my mauled cat. It wasn't my cat, the dog was having puppies. I had no idea the dog was pregnant, I don't think the owner even knew. I can't tell you how bad I feel about attacking that dog while she was having puppies. That was 22 years ago.
Yeah, I regret the **** out of that mistake.
Oh my ****in god. That would have ****ed me up beyond repair.

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
Might sound dumb, but one of my biggest regrets and something that bothers me the most was not attending more of my brothers high school basketball games. I was the gifted athlete, and lazy because of it. He had to work for it, and became a better player for it. But he never missed a SINGLE one of my games. Whether it was travel ball or what. I went to 1 game of his, and it was his first varsity game. Life got in the way and one thing lead to another, and I never did attend any more. I missed his first dunk in a game, and every big play after that. It bothers me every single time I think about it.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
hey man, I dont see anything wrong with that. You were protecting with what you thought was your family. She woulda done the same.

She go back to her puppies after?
I moved her and her puppies into a dog house that was built into the fence in a corner of the yard. Got all kinds of blankets and what not to keep them warm. I was very surprised she let me take the puppies from her and move them. I took care of that dog and those puppies big time after that. And before I left I found them all good homes. I did my best to make up for it.

Holy shit!

Disclaimer--I am in no way shape or form an animal person. Really don't care about them much (I know-- I'm a dick).

BUT--

That would bother the hell out of me if it were me.

Dammit man! Sorry that happenned to you!
I am an animal person though. Other than the standard hatred for squirrels and insects, I try to help them wherever and whenever I can. The only good thing about it is I was on my stomach so I couldn't put my weight into the punches. They were just arm blows. It doesn't fix it, but it does help me that I didn't do as much damage as I could have.

Oh my ****in god. That would have ****ed me up beyond repair.
22 years man, and it still bothers me enough that it was the first thing I thought of in a regrets thread.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Regret hahahahhaa

Sequence-94Still001.jpg

https://www.littlethings.com/face-t...iri&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=shocking

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I moved her and her puppies into a dog house that was built into the fence in a corner of the yard. Got all kinds of blankets and what not to keep them warm. I was very surprised she let me take the puppies from her and move them. I took care of that dog and those puppies big time after that. And before I left I found them all good homes. I did my best to make up for it.

I am an animal person though. Other than the standard hatred for squirrels and insects, I try to help them wherever and whenever I can. The only good thing about it is I was on my stomach so I couldn't put my weight into the punches. They were just arm blows. It doesn't fix it, but it does help me that I didn't do as much damage as I could have.

22 years man, and it still bothers me enough that it was the first thing I thought of in a regrets thread.

Damn man... Brutal!

Did it the dog/puppy die?

Never_Enough

Established Member
I don't think I regret anything other than buying the 2010 Genesis Coupe & not buying the freshly rebuilt motor fox 5.0 vert for $800 a couple years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread