ReischePerformance Thermostat

slvrbk04

Established Member
I installed the motorcraft based thermostat from ReischePerformance yesterday. The engine warms up more quickly and runs about 180 degrees on a warm Pennsylvania day. The only hard part was holding the Cobra over my shoulder so I could burp it. Great product Joel!!!

Jefe

Established Member
I have to install mine here too. Any write up on the proper way to do it? Just fill through the crossover tube until the tank is to the top then cover that?

Adjust your fans?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have one too. I am ecstatic that this part exists.

There's a guy on ModularFords that was posting that his Termie was running rather hot after switching to an auto. And he reported a remarkable drop in temps after going with Joel's t-stat. The proof is in the pudding. Good job Joel! Its only a matter of time before thousands take the plunge.

slvrbk04

Established Member
Burping the Cobra

This is the best burping method I have found...
1. Install thermostat and lose about 2 gallons of coolant in the process
2. Remove the degas cap and fill coolant bottle to fill line
3. Install the degas cap
4. Remove the crossover tube plug..these can be difficult to loosen
5. Install a funnel in the crossover tube..must be tight..wrap spout in duct tape to be sure funnel is water-tight in crossover tube
6. Fill crossover tube with coolant until the funnel is still about one quarter fill and no more coolant can be added
7. Squeeze the upper two radiator hoses five times each..air will bubble out of the coolant in the funnel
8. Start the engine and run for 5 minutes..air will bubble out of coolant in funnel and level will rise
9. Shut of engine and let cool for 10 minutes.. Coolant in funnel will drop so have extra on hand and maintain the level in the funnel
10. Crack the degas cap to allow the level in the funnel to drop to about one inch above the bottom of the funnel and close the cap.
11. Remove the funnel and install the crossover tube plug
12. Fill the degas bottle if necessary.. drive the car..check for leaks
13. Cool engine overnight and top off degas bottle, if necessary

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Glad to see so many are going with Joel's product! I installed mine last night after finishing up my blower swap. I need to put a few miles on the car to burp the system then it's off to the dyno I go. I'll have some datalogs and info for mine in the next couple of weeks.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
This is the best burping method I have found...
1. Install thermostat and lose about 2 gallons of coolant in the process
2. Remove the degas cap and fill coolant bottle to fill line
3. Install the degas cap
4. Remove the crossover tube plug..these can be difficult to loosen
5. Install a funnel in the crossover tube..must be tight..wrap spout in duct tape to be sure funnel is water-tight in crossover tube
6. Fill crossover tube with coolant until the funnel is still about one quarter fill and no more coolant can be added
7. Squeeze the upper two radiator hoses five times each..air will bubble out of the coolant in the funnel
8. Start the engine and run for 5 minutes..air will bubble out of coolant in funnel and level will rise
9. Shut of engine and let cool for 10 minutes.. Coolant in funnel will drop so have extra on hand and maintain the level in the funnel
10. Crack the degas cap to allow the level in the funnel to drop to about one inch above the bottom of the funnel and close the cap.
11. Remove the funnel and install the crossover tube plug
12. Fill the degas bottle if necessary.. drive the car..check for leaks
13. Cool engine overnight and top off degas bottle, if necessary
This is a pretty good procedure, the only thing I would add is on the last step: check and top off the crossover tube instead of the (degas bottle) reservoir. Then do it again the next couple of days. Unfortunately the degas bottle is not very good at... well, degassing :lol1: The reservoir rarely needs to be topped (or even opened) after it is filled the first time, check and fill at the crossover plug... ALWAYS. I'm going to put a procedure with pics up on the site soon.
then it's off to the dyno I go.
Definitely interested to see what the port update and TB puts down.
Mine is going in 3 weeks from now.
**CONGRATS! 1st Place Award for longest owned but uninstalled thermostat** :poke:

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Hey Joel, If you guys ever in the future decided to stop making these, please let me know in advance. I will absolutely buy a few of them just to have handy.

-Jeff

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey Joel, If you guys ever in the future decided to stop making these, please let me know in advance.
At this point I don't think that's going to happen, I've been working hard to grow the business and sales have been steadily increasing over the past few months. Lethal is planning on carrying the stats very soon and I have ideas for a couple more products this summer :idea:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Joel, I'd like to order one, but would rather just send you money order than use paypal. Can you pm me your address, and how much to send?

thanks, Brian

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
At this point I don't think that's going to happen, I've been working hard to grow the business and sales have been steadily increasing over the past few months. Lethal is planning on carrying the stats very soon and I have ideas for a couple more products this summer :idea:

Awesome!

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Joel, I'd like to order one, but would rather just send you money order than use paypal.
You're aware that you don't have to have a Paypal acct, right? You can use a CC just like any other internet checkout. PM me if you still want to send a check or money order.

04cobra13

Established Member

Wow congrats Joel glad to see the stats are getting out there, ill be getting one as well...Also cant wait for the new products:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread