ReischePerformance Thermostat

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
How come all i can ever find is people saying how easy it is? I need to do this with my SCT II but have no idea how to do it. LOL. Anyone care to help me out with this?:shrug:

well you can only do it if your tuner left the options open for you to mess with

plug in sct
select custom tune
turn key on
select tune you want

then when it says adjust optional parameters you hit YES. then scroll through the menu and adjust accordingly

boatcop1

Established Member
well you can only do it if your tuner left the options open for you to mess with

plug in sct
select custom tune
turn key on
select tune you want

then when it says adjust optional parameters you hit YES. then scroll through the menu and adjust accordingly

Thanks bud, I called my tuner and my tune is locked. He is sending me another map for it.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Bump for the best performing thermostat to EVER hit the mustang market!!

Great job Joel!!

layzie

Established Member
Bought mine a month ago. I want to install mine today since the cobra has been running hot lately and I have some free time.

Any step by step instructions on how to do the full install? Seems the t-stat is in a different location that other mustangs. (old 5.0 guy here) so i would appreciate any write up you can find as I have unsuccessfully tried to search for instructions.

Thanks!

haskett

Established Member
Bought mine a month ago. I want to install mine today since the cobra has been running hot lately and I have some free time.

Any step by step instructions on how to do the full install? Seems the t-stat is in a different location that other mustangs. (old 5.0 guy here) so i would appreciate any write up you can find as I have unsuccessfully tried to search for instructions.

Thanks!

It's pretty simple, but makes a mess. The thermostat housing is at the front of the engine on the drivers side. This is a picture of it out of the car. If you look closely, you can see two screws that hold the two sides of the housing together. Remove the two screws, pop the housing open, pull out all thermostat, put in new, put housing back together, put screws back in, refill coolant, burb system. No need to remove any hoses.

IMG_2219.jpg

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
The only tricky part is to remember to place the o-ring on top of the thermostat. It's easy to forget where it was and if you put it under the thermostat the housing will leak :mj:

Users who are viewing this thread