Reliability of 03 Cobra with 103K miles?

06F-150XL

Established Member
ok so i know it depends on how it was driven but with that aside how reliable are they with 103K miles??

post past experiences please.

fred50stang

Established Member
91k on mine. No issues. I get compliments and jaw drops when I mention the mileage. I bought it with 69k on the clock. So really I have only put just over 20k on it with two years of ownership. Sorry about the big picture...but you get the big picture right? lol.

This was about a month ago.

90k002.jpg

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
i'm closing in on 74k... vipergts281 or something like that has well over 100k!
Yeah, I just passed 112,000.

I beat the crap out of mine. It's been pretty reliable for the past 70,000 miles....after the bugs were all worked out (normal 04 Cobra problems/TSB's).

If the price is right, I'd consider a car with over 100,000 miles. But at the same time, I'd be willing to spend another few grand for one with little mileage.

Go check the car, see how it looks and is holding up. Seems hit or miss with these cars. So it's hard to say if you should buy one with a lot of miles. I beat mine, it's fine. Others baby theirs and have problems.

curtismoff

Established Member
I saw and drove this car you speak of.It's at Mike shade in Orange park.The clutch is shot interior is a little rough and third gear is going out.The sale manager is a jackass!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
70k here. only issue ive had was created by me (overheating due to incorrectly burping the coolant system), but its all good now.

people are so worried about high mileage, it makes me laugh. If you are looking for a DD 03/04, might as well find one with a bit higher mileage and get a great price on it, if its gonna be a weekend car, then spend the extra couple grand for a low mileage one. as long as the car has been maintained and clean, go for it.

20svtcobra03

Established Member
85,xxx and still running great with all supporting mods with a port including nitrous... no problems change the oil on regular basis and no boost before it warm... lol...

04DOHC

Established Member
70k here. only issue ive had was created by me (overheating due to incorrectly burping the coolant system), but its all good now.
QUOTE]

Had the same overheating issue!!! lol I just hit 80K and runs like a champ still beating f-bodys like nothing :rockon:

Vae_Victus

Established Member
Damn and I thought my car at 23k high mileage.
To the OP...definately what most guys here have already stated. Check the records, do a VIN check and make sure no matter what that u get a good deal cuz no matter how clean that car may be, always expect the worst! What colour is it btw? Any colour besides black and you're okay. Its very hard to keep a DD black car lookin good.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I bought my cobra from a guy that worked for Mike Shad Ford in Jacksonville...I would pass on a car with that many miles

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Had the same overheating issue!!! lol I just hit 80K and runs like a champ still beating f-bodys like nothing :rockon:

yeah. god forbid ford put something on that upper cap that lets you know to fill from there, not the coolant expansion tank that even shows proper fill levels. Then to top it off, that upper cap is torqued to like 100ft/lbs and has a 1/4" ratchet drive insert, which either breaks all of your 3/8" to 1/4" drive adapters clean off, or strips out (or both, in my case).

Users who are viewing this thread