reliability of superchargers

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
i found a brand new vortech system for my svtf selling for 3 grand, the guy has it in his basement, he never got around to using it so he wants to get rid of it, Im thinking of getting it but dont wanna kill the ride !

so, for all u guys with the supercharged svtf's, give me your .02 about the car's reliability before and after the installation

thanks

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
i have the same kit and i am loving it!!! the engine can easily handle it.. its has strong internals... i would get it if i were you.. once you have it on and drive it you will no longer regret it.I promise!!

SBGGrace

Established Member
Go 4 it! I've had my Vortech SC on the SVTF now for nearly two(2) years and still love it! I paid $4k for mine(complete kit) so $3k is a bargain. I daily drive this car, use it for Auto-x and take it for the occasional romp down the drag strip.

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
i was watching Barrett-Jackson, and i saw a turbo 911 and a regular 911 , same model year, similar mileage, and although the turbo 911 retails for considerably more than the regular 911, the turbo sold for almost half the price of the regular 911. which prompted me to start this thread, there must be something about forced induction that leaves a negative mark on the car, be it reliablity, or watever...

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
its a stock block.. and get the same gas mileage as long as i am not in boost.. if i rag on it, i then average about 13-14

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
OUCH!!

btw, is installing the supercharger manageable? like if u follow the instructions and all, or do u have to have a pro shop do it for u ?

i hear its over a grand to just have it installed

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
me and my buddy did it.. The only thing the vortech kit does not come with is the pcv valve and oil seperator, which you really really need... other than that it takes 2 full days to install... and if you shop around you can find a mechanic to install it for about 600 bucks... Now the instructions suck! It does give some good instructions but to a certain extent... but its not all that hard.. now if you have any questions just give me a call my cell is (830)719-2728 & Eric is the name bro... talk to you later

Last edited:

Lightningfr

Banned
Rob_eaton said:
i was watching Barrett-Jackson, and i saw a turbo 911 and a regular 911 , same model year, similar mileage, and although the turbo 911 retails for considerably more than the regular 911, the turbo sold for almost half the price of the regular 911. which prompted me to start this thread, there must be something about forced induction that leaves a negative mark on the car, be it reliablity, or watever...
check how much cobra's and lightning are selling for

dam near brand new prices

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member

eirc- saved ure number !

lightning- good point, dont know wat to say to that, i could argue that svts are exclusive, but 911's are more exclusive ! good point man

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
I've seen guys with turbos running up to 19psi on a stock SVT engine and they stay together with a decent tune. The one guy has been in the neighborhood of 360 whp for some time now.

Just like anything else it's all about the tune, I've seen Cobras blow up with poor tunes in the 600 hp range but I know a guy here in town with an '03 Cobra with a Hellion turbo that over 1000 whp and he's running low 9's on drag radials with a stock motor.

Last edited:

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
im looking to get a tune, i know for sure it will eliminate all the surging and bogging in the svtf and that will result in smoother power and will cause the engine less stress especially when switching from 1st to 2nd that i notice how touchy it really is, gotta be extra smooth for it not to surge. but at $500+, not exactly pocket change...

Users who are viewing this thread