relo brackets

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
impressed with the whitelines. they came in a cool / cute whiteline bag! next up is their phb brace. I'm smitten.

GT915

Established Member
The relocation bracket goes between the rear and lower control arms. U will get noise transfer through the relocation brackets but thats not the problem it's the upper and lowers. The noise travels right through everything and never stops until it hits rubber. The bushings not being rubber in after market upper and lowers are the problem. I have tested every combo.
Rubber is the best way to stop NVH but it kills handling.
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I noticed absolutely no additional nvh after having installed all of my BMR poducts.

grabber blue gt

Established Member
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I noticed absolutely no additional nvh after having installed all of my BMR poducts.

Maybe your hearing sucks :D:D

All jokes aside though, I definitely noticed more noise coming from the rear after my install. It kinda sounds like a fuel pump out of an old school muscle car. Very slight, and can only be heard when the windows are up and radio off

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member

I don't see an UCA in your sig...This is where a large majority of NVH comes from it seems with the rear suspension, but its good to hear you haven't noticed any with your relos and LCA's....Obviously some report increased noise with just those.

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
i can personally attest to the aftermarket upper control arm causing NVH. This past weekend, I installed steeda phb, phb brace, billet lca's, double adj. uca and competition mount. Let me start off by saying it is VERY important that you torque everything to the correct specs WITH the suspension loaded, this is very critical. First test drive after i installed the parts, noticed more clunk from the rear, from 60-80 mph had a very, very bad gear whine. It was so bad the radio wouldnt even drown it out. So, after a day of riding with it like that, I removed the upper, 95% of the noise went away. The upper control arm channels the noise straight into the cabin. On the positive side of things, the rear feels a lot more stable and planted, wheel hop is a thing of the past. The car can actually hook on the stock pirellis now. So, my advice is, if you decide to do upper, be careful with your choices. Read up.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Although companies recommend it, because if they didn't, people would rip their heads off.....you really don't need to torque the parts down at load. With a stock style bushing that is attached to the arm itself, absolutely....but on aftermarket parts, you can torque them at droop or loaded. There is a sleeve and bushing that are separate, that can/will rotate within the bushing mounting system. Just an FYI.

The only piece that should be torqued at ride-height regardless, is the UCA to the diff, assuming the stock rubber bushing is being used.

Going for broke

Established Member
Anyone running just the relocation brackets? I'm lowering my car this weekend and would like to correct the LCA angle but have never experienced any wheel hop on my current stock suspension.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone running just the relocation brackets? I'm lowering my car this weekend and would like to correct the LCA angle but have never experienced any wheel hop on my current stock suspension.

Stock LCA's won't work with FRPP brackets. I suspect they won't work with most if any.

Last edited:

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Stock LCA's won't work with FRPP backets. I suspect they won't work with most if any.

looks stock and gt500 lca's fit on the whitelines...

ugetuba6.jpg

Fun4me

Established Member
Brembo cars come with the GT500 LCA's.

Brembo50.com - Car Specs & Info

Believe they're all the same size though so if one works with Whiteline's they should all work. But did you try and mount these up on car yet with stock LCA's?
I believe the issue is that they wont fit in the upper holes on other brackets, because of the size of the stock arm.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I believe the issue is that they wont fit in the upper holes on other brackets, because of the size of the stock arm.

agree. I mocked up the whitelines on the car / stuck my old stock lca's in them (same size as gt500's) and they appear to fit. the 3 inches between the holes is greater than the radius of the lca. we'll know for sure this weekend. :)

Going for broke

Established Member
agree. I mocked up the whitelines on the car / stuck my old stock lca's in them (same size as gt500's) and they appear to fit. the 3 inches between the holes is greater than the radius of the lca. we'll know for sure this weekend. :)

I would like to know if this works out.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
easy install. really impressed with the whiteline fitment and plenty of space for the gt500 lca's. car definitely handles better coming out of turns.
4eqymysu.jpg

be8a6uta.jpg

Wicked5.O

'Stang Noob
Established Member
Are the relocation brackets really going to be necessary for me... I just ordered from Hypermotive Performance as well.. great experience. Here's what I ordered:

- Hotchkis lowering springs
- Steeda HD strut mounts
- Koni's Yellow shocks/struts
- Whiteline panhard bar & brace
- Whiteline adjustable LCA's

Users who are viewing this thread