"Remember When's"

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
LOL@Tim on the trampoline. I remember that. Didn't one of you take that big ass trophy and snap a picture of it next to my car that same day too?

I remember the first time I ran into Jason, after I chased him down and followed him into some gas station on 301, and Dale, bumping into him after he pulled out from Simms Landing on route 6. Seems like ages ago now.

Yup, our first meeting was me giving you shit for not having the top down on a hot sunny day.

Couple more good ones...

95N to JLP
IMG00038-20090228-0850.jpg

Rob owning all in beer pong at the MACA OC house
IMG00095-20090516-2333.jpg

SGS dyno day on that cold, snowy fateful day...

awesomedrivingpic.jpg

dynoday.jpg

garagequeens.jpg

Timsslicks1.jpg

balls.jpg

homemadeslicks1.jpg

Last edited:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Who has the video of Timmay getting rear ended in the go kart!!!!!

I will have to say my best memories are having my kids with me at the events. Zach riding his Razor around Castaways pissed off a lot of people but he had fun and everyone in MACA was looking out for him.

playwithmysnake

car is forsale
Established Member
i remember the 1st oc trip the week after i blew the whole rearend apart in my car and we were driving down coastal with the 2 way radios and boxed in the viper the whole way down coastal!!! scott calling the girl ugly as shit as her and her b/f heard on the radio as i was next to them!!!lol also go carts with dwight and scott and all the old members with us going head on and busting our knees and heads on that nascar track.... good times!

TRBO VNM

Honestly, too many to count. My first catoctin cruise was awesome. Every yr in OC, although I missed the one with Dale puking up salsa and last yr, well, way too much too drink to enjoy the daily activities.

I remember, I think it was our first cruise when Dwight, Sean, myself and I know Todd and some others were there. We ate at some place on the water. I don't remember which car I had (redfire or CO). We were just starting up MACA.

The other mod days at peoples houses (bruce and scott).

Yeah, Tidoh...my neighbors trampoline...nice.

TRBO VNM

My first MACA event at MIR with DG, Ken, Matt, Jason Roth. I remember talking to Jason and he telling me that he doesn't know much about the car he just drives it (first orange turbo car).

I could go on!

LOL, thats funny. That was the car that I really started learning on and that was my first turbo kit install...man did it seem hard as crap back then. damn, how times have changed.

Last edited:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Who has the video of Timmay getting rear ended in the go kart!!!!!

I will have to say my best memories are having my kids with me at the events. Zach riding his Razor around Castaways pissed off a lot of people but he had fun and everyone in MACA was looking out for him.

:lol:

Jamie has it. Never have I laughed so hard and been so concerned at the same time. Brake failure ehhh:poke:

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Awesome thread, haha. I think Dwight captured my favorite couple of events (Catoctin cruises were always my fave.) and the Aerial shot at JR's place was a trip. Actually, they have all been a blast. Even the smaller GTG's like when I schooled Dale and TDOH in ladder golf at Matt's hizzle. Wish I could find that pic of Tim ^^^^^ with his fail plate of potato salad. Good times.....

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Springs day at Bruces (Playwithmysnake). Remember that guy that drove all the way up from VA Beach for this and had no brakes? Painted all his accessories with canned paint. Then he came to OC and apparently blew his motor at the track down there and we never heard from him again. Red vert, front and center.
05-03-05MACABruces003.jpg

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Jason, I remember seeing your car a few times in LaPlata with the WUTWINE plate, then seeing it at MIR with the TRBOVNM plate made me do a triple take.

black-plasma

Established Member
Lots of good memories... really the only thing I miss about no longer living in MD.

Last edited:

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
Springs day at Bruces (Playwithmysnake). Remember that guy that drove all the way up from VA Beach for this and had no brakes? Painted all his accessories with canned paint. Then he came to OC and apparently blew his motor at the track down there and we never heard from him again. Red vert, front and center.

Holy crap, that was 6 years ago??? It really doesn't seem like that long. Mod days were always fun!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I swear the brakes failed!!!! I was leaking brake fluid, ask Dale!!

I do remember that I won the race :banana:

I was sitting next to Tim in the pits and I heard another kart coming in hot. Jason, I think you slammed on the brakes to try and slide to a stop. Not sure what exactly happened, but there was a loud bang and all of a sudden I was sitting next to Jason. Tim's kart was like 10 yards ahead of us.

Pretty sure someone did the same thing to me right after, but nowhere near as hard of a hit.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
The real story:

So obviously go-karts are made with the most elementary of braking systems, like a simple mechanical connection to a 4"x4" steel plate that contacts the outside of one tire - maybe two, if you're lucky. That's why they tell you to slow it down as you come in to the pit area and take most of your speed off before coming to a complete stop...

Jason came into the pit area like he had Brembos and slotted rotors on all four corners!!!

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
C'mon Greg...

I have been on many of the GTG's but my favorite is.......

Remember when you, I, and FORD GT broke away on one of the earliest Cotoctin Mtn Cruises....

We were hauling azzzz and it was my start into to road racing..

good times.

Ken

:beer::beer:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I kept looking in my mirror and thinking "This guy's hanging with me...time to ramp it up".
Good time. I love cruising the mountains and back roads. :D

Users who are viewing this thread