Remote tune for intake/exhaust/2.7' pulley?

cbehr

Established Member
Have the cobra down for the winter and just swapped out SC pulley installed 2.7" and Metco idler set. I have a livewire TS+ but need a tune. Local shops are in the $550 neighborhood but not sure that's necessary for this simple setup.

Can anyone suggest someone who can provide a remote tune? I'm not looking to break HP records, want something safe and fun to drive.

Alternatively if I'm going to go $550 custom tune I may as well pull the blower and port it over the winter. I know the responses will be just buy a bigger blower but I'm not looking to drop that kind of money with other projects going on!

EDIT* can't change the title but no it's not a 2.7' pulley :) rather 2.7"

efnfast

Established Member
Only go the remote canned tune if you don't mind spending some time data logging and possibly going back-and-forth on adjustments.

I did a canned tune on my 04 cobra (ported/pullied/intake/exhaust) from a reputable remote tuner to get me by until I got on the dyno. A few weeks later I hoped on the dyno and the a/f was so horrible I'm genuinely surprised I didn't melt a piston in those few weeks I drove the car.

I recently did a canned Lund tune on my 14 GT500 (pullied/intake/throttle body/exhaust). I did some data logging and found the computer was pulling ~20% fuel on average. Turns out JLT intake quality control is suspect and my 123mm was not 123mm. Lund adjusted my tune to compensate for the JLT issue and the computer went back to adding/pulling ~0% fuel on average.

Point being, don't think that a simple combination will be upload tune and done - no 2 engines/parts are the same, so don't expect one tune to work the same for everybody.

HPLouis

Established Member
Only go the remote canned tune if you don't mind spending some time data logging and possibly going back-and-forth on adjustments.

I did a canned tune on my 04 cobra (ported/pullied/intake/exhaust) from a reputable remote tuner to get me by until I got on the dyno. A few weeks later I hoped on the dyno and the a/f was so horrible I'm genuinely surprised I didn't melt a piston in those few weeks I drove the car.

I recently did a canned Lund tune on my 14 GT500 (pullied/intake/throttle body/exhaust). I did some data logging and found the computer was pulling ~20% fuel on average. Turns out JLT intake quality control is suspect and my 123mm was not 123mm. Lund adjusted my tune to compensate for the JLT issue and the computer went back to adding/pulling ~0% fuel on average.

Point being, don't think that a simple combination will be upload tune and done - no 2 engines/parts are the same, so don't expect one tune to work the same for everybody.

I agree. Even if you get a remote tune, it'll still cost you and you'll either need dyno time (more $$$$) to check A/F ratio or you'll need a wideband (more $$$$$) so you could send info back and forth to your remote tuner for adjustments.

MG0h3

Established Member
Kevin did my tune when I switched to E85.

Car runs like a raped ape and never skips a beat. Wouldn’t know it isn’t stock driving it around.

He was easy to work with and I have zero complaints.

Just understand with remote tuning, there is a process:

Drive car and log
Email log to Kevin.
He reviews and returns revised tune
Load tune and go log again

This gets repeated over and over until he’s happy. Want to say it took 8-10 times on mine.

You will need somewhere where at the end of the process, you can run the car out from @2000rpm all the way to redline in at 3rd or fourth gear. So you will be triple digits.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Just shoot me an email when you are ready. I'll take care of you.

thanks man, your reputation is impeccable and you are a class act. I hope to start my whipple install either tomorrow or next weekend.
I do have a question. With E85 pumps and 80lb injectors can I run E85 on moderate timing or just stick with 93? I don’t want to go return style

cbehr

Established Member
Awesome thanks for all the advise everyone! Will be installing wideband and boost gauge in next week or two when I can squeeze in the time.

I’ll shoot you a pm when I’m ready 04sleeper.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
04sleeper

I not only bought Kevin's terminator ten years ago.....I've also worked with him tuning friends vehicles and let me tell you, it's not only a high quality end product with perfect drivability...it's a true learning experience. You will learn more going thru the process than just driving up to a tuning shop and handing over your keys and just hoping it all went fine when you pick it up. This might seem unnecessary to some....but later down the road it will be invaluable to you as you monitor the vehicle over time.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
thanks man, your reputation is impeccable and you are a class act. I hope to start my whipple install either tomorrow or next weekend.
I do have a question. With E85 pumps and 80lb injectors can I run E85 on moderate timing or just stick with 93? I don’t want to go return style

Which whipple? I have the 80s and a 2.3 whipple 22psi and they're in the mid 80s duty cycle. Car makes 714/680 and runs HIGH timng.

MG0h3

Established Member
Which whipple? I have the 80s and a 2.3 whipple 22psi and they're in the mid 80s duty cycle. Car makes 714/680 and runs HIGH timng.

He just got a Gen3 2.9 non crusher.

I can’t recall what you can get away with on the stock lines running E.

I recall there is some info in the Distillery about it.

“BLM is doing God’s work”
2KblackGT

svtperformance.com mobile app

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
He just got a Gen3 2.9 non crusher.

I can’t recall what you can get away with on the stock lines running E.

I recall there is some info in the Distillery about it.

2KblackGT

Ok. Ya he's going to run out of feed line LONG before the 80s. I would think factory feed line on E might support 575-590.

Not worth even trying unless you have a factory eaton you're wanting to run on E85. That could probably work out.

MG0h3

Established Member
Ok. Ya he's going to run out of feed line LONG before the 80s. I would think factory feed line on E might support 575-590.

Not worth even trying unless you have a factory eaton you're wanting to run on E85. That could probably work out.

I want to say that’s exactly right.

Hell go return some day I’m sure.

Go big or go home

2KblackGT

Users who are viewing this thread