Remove baffles or go catless.....

rexisme

Established Member
I currently have a bassani catted x and bassani c/b w/ baffles... . I want it louder, should i remove the baffles or should i put on a bassani offroad x? The thing about trying it w/out the baffles first is that the baffles are stuck in and the torx bit has to be drilled out. So once they are out, they are out.

rexisme

Established Member
Here is another question.... are all bassani x pipes capable of becoming a offroad x? What i mean, i could just unbuckle the cats and put in the flowtubes? I dont have the flowtubes but if i found a set, that would work right?

orange_whiner

Pro-class stoplight racer
Established Member
are the torx bits seized or rusted in? If so use some PB Blaster from the auto parts store.
This stuff is incrediable! spray it, then tap with a hammer. It seriously works. And once you have the screws out put anti-seize on them. Oh, and definetely take out both!

rexisme

Established Member
are the torx bits seized or rusted in? If so use some PB Blaster from the auto parts store.
This stuff is incrediable! spray it, then tap with a hammer. It seriously works. And once you have the screws out put anti-seize on them. Oh, and definetely take out both!

they were rusted, tried pb blaster.. ended up stripping the torx bit because its quality is sub par and "fused" itself lol. Then tried cutting a line in the middle of the bit w/ a dremel and using a big screw driver. No go, broke half the bit. Anyway, i wish i could find some sound clips of the offroad x and catback w/ no baffles. All i find is that redfire one or the one w/ the headers.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I'm running no baffles and no cats, a full bassani xor ss system. Look on youtube search 69gt4speed. Even on the spray, which makes it louder also. My wife liked it w/o the baffles...

Tedisky

Need more Money!!!!!
Established Member
I already run mine without baffles, I might have to pull the cats off and try it that way for a couple weeks to see how it sounds. If I don't like it, I can always put the cats back on.....:thumbsup:

rexisme

Established Member
I'm running no baffles and no cats, a full bassani xor ss system. Look on youtube search 69gt4speed. Even on the spray, which makes it louder also. My wife liked it w/o the baffles...

that would be cool except you have music blaring over it in every video.

CobraKid04

Established Member
I just took the cats out of my setup.Bassani x and borla stinger. It sounds like ass and I'm going to put the cat back in. Way to much attention and it sounds like rocks are in your exhuast IMO. It's so loud that if you hit the gas under the bridge, that S*** may come down.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
they were rusted, tried pb blaster.. ended up stripping the torx bit because its quality is sub par and "fused" itself lol. Then tried cutting a line in the middle of the bit w/ a dremel and using a big screw driver. No go, broke half the bit. Anyway, i wish i could find some sound clips of the offroad x and catback w/ no baffles. All i find is that redfire one or the one w/ the headers.

Same thing with me, I acually grinded off the bolt and removed it however I could not get the baffle out. I tried pliers, wedging screwdrivers.... basically everything. Needless to say the baffle is still in there.

BlueByYou

Professional Speeder
Established Member
Premium Member
Here is another question.... are all bassani x pipes capable of becoming a offroad x? What i mean, i could just unbuckle the cats and put in the flowtubes? I dont have the flowtubes but if i found a set, that would work right?

I do not think ALL are capable, but here is a pic of the modular kind.
46003.jpg

You should be able to take your cats off and slide the flowtubes on. But be warned. The clamps that hold them in place are not the best. I currently run the SS O/R Bassani X and everyso often they leak so you have to readjust them and tighten them. Best solution would be to weld them, but you have to make sure you like the sound first.

Good luck.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Same thing with me, I acually grinded off the bolt and removed it however I could not get the baffle out. I tried pliers, wedging screwdrivers.... basically everything. Needless to say the baffle is still in there.

The insulation on the baffle tends to bind up inside the tip when pulling it out. Remove the exhaust tip and tap it out from the other side.

03sm3341

Established Member
Just take you baffles out. I had bassani with or-x it sounded just loud and raspy. Just a word of caution if you do take your cats out you might have to battle exhaust leaks like i did. The offroad pipes had a slight leak so i tighted the clamps down more and when i did kinked the tube. This caused two problems when i went to take them out. Problem one I could not get the darn things out ended up clamping it a vice and working it back and forth to get past the area I kinked. problem two in the process of working past the kink destorted the tubes so they would not seal on my cats. So what I ended up doing was going to a semi store and bought 6" long SS band clamps the coverd the whole joint. That solved my leak issue but i spent $13 a clamps which adds you when you have to buy 4. Sorry to write a book but this might help you decide on what you want to take out.

Users who are viewing this thread