Removing air-filter

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: I am sure this is an elementary subject to many of you, but how do I remove the stock filter to switch with a K&N. I see that the filter box is secured by a single bolt and an O-clamp, but it does not look as though removing those will allow enough movement of the box. What else must be moved or loosened to get the job done. Any advice will be much appreciated.

03DOHC

Established Member
I took these pics when I did a PHP airbox, but it should give you an idea and should still help. Click me please.

You could also loosen the upper worm clamp and take the elbow, MAF and airbox out as a unit, but I prefer to just take out the airbox. To each his own.

Last edited:

eiblish

Established Member
Super instruction!!! Although mine will be a simple filter swap, I had to follow through the entire process you laid out. Photos were superb, and even I could do the job with this help. Thanks again.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Just remove the 8mm screw and the clamp, then you can MUSCLE the box out. You will touch the upper radiator a lil, no worries, it will come out. Don't be afraid to put some elbow grease in it..

then have a :beer:

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by VintagePorscheG
You will want to take off the snorkel. And you will want to clean and re oil your k&n everytime you change your oil and filter.

You do that that often? Wow..

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
You do that that often? Wow..
I thought it filtered better with some dirt on it and you're suppose to go 50,000 before cleaning?

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by VintagePorscheG
Cincinnati is one of the most poluted cities in America the air is filthy.

Hehe, you got that right. Looks like soup in the summer.

I think 3000 miles for the K&N may be a little overkill though. But hey, it's your car. Clean it everyday for all I care :)

Users who are viewing this thread