removing center ac vent for shift light install

DoubleClutch

Established Member
Greetings SVTP community,
I just ordered my raptor mini shift light and as the title states id like to mount it behind the slats in the center ac vents on the dash. Ive done a fair bit of searching to little avail, but does anyone know how to remove the vent or maybe just the slats to where I could get in there an mount the light. I saw a write up on installing a boost gauge in the drivers side circular vent but nothing pertaining to the center vents. Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Apparently you have to remove the divers side cluster cover which pops out. You also have to remove the airbag out of the pass side.

Why wouldn't you mount it in the drivers side vent? Much cleaner IMO and even if you have a gauge, it would shine around it. Beats pulling the airbag out and BOOM!! :beer: good luck with it though

DoubleClutch

Established Member
My only reservation about mounting it in the driver's side circular vent is that my arm blocks direct line of sight when I have that hand on the steering wheel. I know id more than likely still be able to see the illumination from the light but id still prefer to mount it in the center vents if its not to much of a pain in the rear.
Thank you for the feedback though!

DoubleClutch

Established Member
My only reservation about mounting it in the driver's side circular vent is that my arm blocks direct line of sight when I have that hand on the steering wheel. I know id more than likely still be able to see the illumination from the light but id still prefer to mount it in the center vents if its not to much of a pain in the rear.
Thank you for the feedback though!

stangn

Established Member
Remove gauge trim panel by pulling it out. Clips in. Then pop the clips from pass air bag by vents and the edge will fold back to reveal bolts for vents. I know it's kind of vague but there are 3 bolts that hold in center vents.

Users who are viewing this thread