Removing passenger fuel rail, stuck...ugh.

texas_snake

Established Member
So I am removing the passenger side fuel rail. I pressed the Schrader valve to release pressure from the gas. I took the 2 bolts out. I even took the 4 clips off where the rail attaches to the injector ( perhaps I should not have done that).

Seems everything is off. But I pull up and things really seem on there. I don't want to pull too hard and brake anything.

Do I try to detach from the injector or pull the injectors out. It all seems pretty tight on there. Any tips would be great.

Also with 50k on the clock, do I need to replace any of the o rings, etc.

Thanks much.

MG0h3

Established Member
I havent pulled the rails on a cobra yet but yes, they can be stuck on the injectors and the injectors into the intake pretty good. Might try rotating the injectors to break them loose but careful not to break them at the connector.

I know my rail cant come off with the blower on, youre sure you arent hitting the plenum?

texas_snake

Established Member
I got them off! Wiggled and had to put reasonable pressure but they came up. 3 injectors came out and 1 stayed in. Thanks.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Did you get the whole line off yet?

If you don't have quick disconnect tool for line.

Just below valve cover there is old school quick disconnect..white pull tab

texas_snake

Established Member
Thanks for that info. I did not need to remove it entirely, just pull the rail up to move the entire thing up enough for the valve cover to clear. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread