Rent a Ford GT in Vegas?

JMoore112

JM0 SVT
Established Member
I am heading back to Vegas again in a few months, but have never been able to find a Ford GT to rent. Anyone know of a company by chance?

All I ever see are Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Porsche options... LAS Motor speedway needs to add to their fleet... Maybe the FGT just isn't a popular choice :shrug:

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
I'm heading out there on Sunday and I'm considering a Ferrari for S&Gs.

I plan on substaining a medium to medium high BAC so the go karts with a buzz will be more my style.

TonyUMD

If I hear that again...
Established Member

I plan on substaining a medium to medium high BAC so the go karts with a buzz will be more my style.

DUI like a boss! :coolman:

JustaGT5408

Established Member

Same with me! We get out there late sunday night :beer:

BLalande

Established Member
Hertz rental always has GT's from what ive seen, I would be surprised if the Vegas airport didnt have one

JMoore112

JM0 SVT
Established Member

Yea I can't decide what car i want to take around the track now that i can't find a FGT...
hah i can picture that with the go karts..

Hertz rental always has GT's from what ive seen, I would be surprised if the Vegas airport didnt have one

lol yea I don't mean a Mustang GT, i'm looking at exotic cars to take around the motor speedway.

Now that i can't find a Ford GT, i'm thinking:

FERRARI
LAMBORGHINI
or MCLAREN

Has anyone had the chance to drive or ride in any of these before?
You can pay for a combo deal, but I would rather get more laps in one car and have the chance to get comfortable with it. Hopefully try and improve times with help of the instructor.

wht93gted

Established Member
I looked into renting an exotic out there. At the 2 places I checked (one right on the strip) the cars were pretty beat up. I'm not sure if they're all like that, but what I saw, I wasn't impressed. Plus Hertz is so convenient (any of the rental companies out there are). The free shuttle from the airport over to the rental depot was very fast and easy.

I rented a brand new benz e350 from hertz for the week. It was the sport package, not a sports car, but it was fun playing with the paddle shifter driving through lake mead wildlife reserve.

C0bra99

Established Member
Yea I can't decide what car i want to take around the track now that i can't find a FGT...
hah i can picture that with the go karts..

lol yea I don't mean a Mustang GT, i'm looking at exotic cars to take around the motor speedway.

Now that i can't find a Ford GT, i'm thinking:

FERRARI
LAMBORGHINI
or MCLAREN

Has anyone had the chance to drive or ride in any of these before?
You can pay for a combo deal, but I would rather get more laps in one car and have the chance to get comfortable with it. Hopefully try and improve times with help of the instructor.

I just did this(ExoticsRacing). Drove the 458 and the Turbo S(They called it the teleporter). Wanted to drive the Lambos but was too tall:mj:. Did 7 laps in both. They have a 2 for one deal on the laps so don't pay for extra laps online. The Mclaren was booked solid so prebook it. Bought the video and frame. Expensive but one of those bucket lists things:banana::pepper::banana:. I would do it again:rockon:.

jrandy

Established Member

I made the mistake of gokarting after drinking a few beers:beer: The motion and forces of the gokarts don't mix very well...

Torchy

Established Member
I was the track manager there for a while. Be prepared for a rushed experience.

DaJoker

Never Serious...Seriously
Established Member
I just did this(ExoticsRacing). Drove the 458 and the Turbo S(They called it the teleporter). Wanted to drive the Lambos but was too tall:mj:. Did 7 laps in both. They have a 2 for one deal on the laps so don't pay for extra laps online. The Mclaren was booked solid so prebook it. Bought the video and frame. Expensive but one of those bucket lists things:banana::pepper::banana:. I would do it again:rockon:.

Me too. Drove the 550 hp Lambo and the 458! Definite bucket list, loved the Ferrari even if I only got 2 laps in it (5 laps in the Lambo). Got the hard drive so I could watch on the computer and still spent about $600+ total.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You won't find alot of exotic rental car
Companies with manual transmission cars anymore :)

I've heard the driving experience is a blast though!

JMoore112

JM0 SVT
Established Member

How did you like the 458? I am thinking of the 458 or the LP700, really tempting to see how 0-60mph in 2.6s feels. :burnout:
Thanks for the heads up on the 2 for 1 deal. Is that deal only if you add laps at the track after you use up your pre booked laps?
The video sounds like it may be worth the money

SpectorV

Established Member
I want to rent an Arial Atom, to me that would be more fun to drive around a track than just about anything else out there available and it would be cheaper as well (less overhead on cost of vehicle compare to 400k cars). I know there is some track experience you can rent those suckers but not sure about in Vegas.

truefiveo

Established Member
I want to rent an Arial Atom, to me that would be more fun to drive around a track than just about anything else out there available and it would be cheaper as well (less overhead on cost of vehicle compare to 400k cars). I know there is some track experience you can rent those suckers but not sure about in Vegas.

I want one so bad!!!:beer:

The ultimate open road roofless/no windshield experience!

C0bra99

Established Member
How did you like the 458? I am thinking of the 458 or the LP700, really tempting to see how 0-60mph in 2.6s feels. :burnout:
Thanks for the heads up on the 2 for 1 deal. Is that deal only if you add laps at the track after you use up your pre booked laps?
The video sounds like it may be worth the money
I would suggest you do them @ the same time(Takes a few laps to get used to each car). Once you do the required meeting you can go and add laps and do them all @ the same time for each car. The video is worth it and you can laugh @ yourself when you turn the wipers on:nonono:(yes I did it once).

JMoore112

JM0 SVT
Established Member
Top Gear Season 18 Episode 1 is helping me decide lol they take a few of the cars around the track on that episode.

That would be a lot of fun and I also saw Jeremy take the Ariel Atom around the track on Top Gear lol. Too bad they do not have more unique cars available to rent...

I would suggest you do them @ the same time(Takes a few laps to get used to each car). Once you do the required meeting you can go and add laps and do them all @ the same time for each car. The video is worth it and you can laugh @ yourself when you turn the wipers on(yes I did it once).

Hah I am sure I will have some moments like that as well, your right i'll have to grab that video then. Buying extra laps wont be that bad with that 2 for 1 deal, so 2 cars will definitely be an option and a lot more fun

Users who are viewing this thread