Renting and Racing the GT-H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renter

Established Member
Two weeks ago, with the help of PowerHouse Automotive I rented and raced a Shelby GT-H at the NMRA Ford Expo in Columbus, OH.... Keep in the car "as-is" wasn't an option so a nitrous kit was installed along with drag radials... the car wouldn't accept a tune, so the shifting was way off and the best run was a 13.01 @ 107
here are a few pics
Nitrous install

hertz212pn5.jpg

hertz382ao9.jpg

hertz361sg6.jpg

Nitrous through the firewall
hertz491gb1.jpg
[/IMG]

Draining the tank to make room for race gas
hertz501iz7.jpg

Putting on the drag radials
hertz481to4.jpg

Attempting to load a tune
hertz461lk4.jpg

Sitting in staging with the other wild street cars
hertz451me2.jpg

I am sure Hertz was glad we used dr
hertz441tl9.jpg

hertz312tj9.jpg

few race shots
hertz331wi9.jpg

hertz351tw1.jpg

and then driving it back to Hertz
hertz241kx1.jpg

Thanks Hertz and powerhouse!

Last edited:

broeli

Established Member
I don't understand why you'd go through all that trouble on a car that is essentially a Mustang GT.

Renter

Established Member
broeli said:
I don't understand why you'd go through all that trouble on a car that is essentially a Mustang GT.

If was just about going fast, a gt that would have accepted a tune and nitrous would have run better times.... this car was supposedly inspired by the original 350-h and all the urban legands that come along with that car. So if I was going to do this as a one time deal, why not do it with a GT-H?

and as far as thel isc plate goes, its not a real plate......
:beer:

key

Established Member
How did you like the car overall? Do you know why it wouldn't take a tune?

The car looks freakin wonderful.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
too bad you didnt blow the motor or broke something in the rear end, all woulda came outta your pocket.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
that is seriously such a lame thing to do. Take it to the track stock, fine, but spraying nitrous and using dr's is just such a tool move.

they rent that car so a few people get the enjoyment of a mustang. IF other people do this kinda crap, hertz will stop offering the car, and these special models will disappear, and all you will get for a rental is an AVEO.

Don't ruin this opportunity for other people.

chuckstang

Established Member
too many cry babies in here
renta racer if you ask me
nice job
I witnessed a stock one at my local drag go 13.6!!!!!!!!!!

quadcammer said:
that is seriously such a lame thing to do. Take it to the track stock, fine, but spraying nitrous and using dr's is just such a tool move.

they rent that car so a few people get the enjoyment of a mustang. IF other people do this kinda crap, hertz will stop offering the car, and these special models will disappear, and all you will get for a rental is an AVEO.

Don't ruin this opportunity for other people.

X's 2, that's what happened back in 1966 wth the 1st GT 350H or maybe that was before your time:rollseyes

I still say a bone-head play:nonono:

03trubluGT

Established Member
RandyStinchcomb said:
X's 2, that's what happened back in 1966 wth the 1st GT 350H or maybe that was before your time:rollseyes

I still say a bone-head play:nonono:

I agree with Randy. Renting a car with the intentions of violating the contract is wrong. If you think it isn't, I'll give you $75 per day (or whatever the rental fee is) and borrow YOUR car to take to the track (without your knowledge or permission).

Those that think it is fine have no concept of personal accountability. That's exactly what's wrong with our contry today.

Matt

Tucker

Funny read.
In the 60's people pulled motors and replaced them with high milage 289's. This looks like fun and history in the making.
No harm no foul. No worse then netural drops or power braking a rental Park Ave, LIKE MOST OF US HAVE DONE :).

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Tucker said:
Funny read.
In the 60's people pulled motors and replaced them with high milage 289's. This looks like fun and history in the making.
No harm no foul. No worse then netural drops or power braking a rental Park Ave, LIKE MOST OF US HAVE DONE :).

yeah, and thats called stealing cheech. Just because some idiot did in back in the 60s, doesn't mean its legal or the right thing to do.

oh, and speak for yourself. Worst I've done is floor it getting on the highway.

bartzmach1

Established Member
Hertz has to know that people are going to beat on the car a little bit. but putting nitrous on the car is another story. But I think its kinda cool not that im saying its right. I wouldn't do it.

Renter

Established Member
quadcammer said:
yeah, and thats called stealing cheech. Just because some idiot did in back in the 60s, doesn't mean its legal or the right thing to do.

oh, and speak for yourself. Worst I've done is floor it getting on the highway.

I have to say I am kinda surprised on the amount of hate going on here.... but like they say you can't teach cool.....:coolman:

for those of you who are interested, chromepony just did a write up on it http://www.thechromepony.com/Article1-06.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread