RePaint....!!!!

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
Just droped off the Snake to get the Hood repainted. Should have had it painted before new year but dealers paint shop had a car fire :bash:
So I was thinking it was my bad luck (If you do a search on me you would know what I'm talking about) I come to find out, while washing my car, that the trunk under the rear wing is chipping too. I tell the dealer this pluse the Foged out Fog light (3rd one) and to my surprise (I had Nothing but bad thing come from this dealer and my car) they told me FORD will pait my hood (Under it too) and my trunk under warranty :beer: ...The paint shop told me that they dont know about a rent a car but will talk to the service mang. which this is the guy that voided my engine warranty, and he told the paint shop "What ever Mr. SmokenGra03 wants to rent we will cover it" :eek:
WTF was that...I didnt asked a thing..just got a F-150 4 door 2004....what the hell right...

Well anyway just look under your 03 wings (Where the gasket squeeses out from) and see if the paint is chipping...FORD covered mine and if they covered mine they should cover ANYONES!!! :thumbsup:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey, that's great news. And nice to hear that a dealer is actually treating a Cobra customer like they should. My old dealer (Lombard Ford in Winsted, CT) always treated me like that. They made you feel like you were driving a $90K Mercedes. LOL!

cgg074

Established Member
Mine has a few tiny "bubbles" on the trunk under the rear wing. They are very little. They look like they clear coat excess. I will keep an eye on them. I still have 2 1/2 years of warranty.

Last edited:

skunkt-u

Established Member
SmokenGRA03 said:
Just droped off the Snake to get the Hood repainted. Should have had it painted before new year but dealers paint shop had a car fire :bash:
So I was thinking it was my bad luck (If you do a search on me you would know what I'm talking about) I come to find out, while washing my car, that the trunk under the rear wing is chipping too. I tell the dealer this pluse the Foged out Fog light (3rd one) and to my surprise (I had Nothing but bad thing come from this dealer and my car) they told me FORD will pait my hood (Under it too) and my trunk under warranty :beer: ...The paint shop told me that they dont know about a rent a car but will talk to the service mang. which this is the guy that voided my engine warranty, and he told the paint shop "What ever Mr. SmokenGra03 wants to rent we will cover it" :eek:
WTF was that...I didnt asked a thing..just got a F-150 4 door 2004....what the hell right...

Well anyway just look under your 03 wings (Where the gasket squeeses out from) and see if the paint is chipping...FORD covered mine and if they covered mine they should cover ANYONES!!! :thumbsup:
i have had my hood repainted as well on my 03 (black) cobra under warranty and now i have noticed my front bumper cover is starting to peel.and as for rental I was told that as long as you are driving an svt rental is free!!!! :D

torqued

Go Fast Turn Left
Established Member
Had my hood painted by the dealer, no problems getting them to paint it and they did a nice job.

Rice Eatr

Established Member
Is there a TSB for the hood paint? I have a couple of bubbles on my hood but want to do my research in case they try to stiff me.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
The dealer re-painted my hood....no questions asked. I checked my trunk too, and I don't see anything.

jedeyeben

Established Member
Ended up getting my whole car done because of bad paint. Even the underside of the hood! Definately much better.
629944_16_full.jpg

skunkt-u

Established Member
jedeyeben said:
Ended up getting my whole car done because of bad paint. Even the underside of the hood! Definately much better.
629944_16_full.jpg
how did you get them to repaint the whole car???? and does anyone else have any problems with paint... cuz i had the hood repainted and it seems that the paint chips alot easier since i had it repainted...

jedeyeben

Established Member
I took it in for the hood and decklid peeling initially, but there were also areas on the front bumper, doors and roof that weren't acceptable. I took it in and the service guy just came out to look at it and said "Man, it shouldn't do that..." No kidding eh? So they made an appointment with the paint shop and I took it in, Six weeks later, I got it back. The time out sucked but well worth it. I was really suprised by the good service, not something we normally encounter as Cobra owners.

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
Took mine to ford today for the TSB on the hood and the body shop manager said a Ford rep. would have to look at it to see if was coverd. :mj: I have small chips behind the heat vents, He said it looked like rock chips. :bs:

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
I have two chips on my hood the size of pencil erasers that are down to the metal. Are these covered?

Also, my dealer told me to pound sand when I asked them about painting the underside of my hood. Pricks.

Ford paint does suck.....period!

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
Well Guess what people......Hood started to peel again F#$%Kers...Now the dealer told me that "There body shop closed down and I need to take it to another dealer thats 75 miles away"... I called SVT (Which the guy was great with me) and told him my problem. He told me to talk to the Service Mang. before I drive to get it aproved.. The SM told me "Yeah, just drive up ther and they'll take care of you"...
I drive up and goto the Service and talk to "HIS FRIEND" and she tell me to goto the BODY SHOP....Drive to the shop and talk to "HER FRIEND" and he then pulls the BSM out... He ,BSM, asked me why did the other dealer tell me to come here...I tell him the HOLE story about there shop clsed down and the SM told me that now they are sending ALL there body work to up here....
The BSM then walks out to look at my car and tells me that its a chip...BULL SHIT!!! I then point out the other peels that the dealer last time just painted over...He still tell me that there are chips...I get on my cell and call SVT again and tell them whats going on....The SVT tech tells me to put the person I'm talking to on the phone...
They talk awhile and I hear the BSM tell the SVT Tech there are chips....Thats when he tells me that the SVT Tech want to talk to me....
Tech: There are FORD reps that are in the area on some day and that is what I think you should have look at your car...ME: OK... The BSM take my # down and tell me that next Tuesday goto the dealer that I had the car paint the first time and the Rep will look at your car.....

MORE TO COME!!!!!!

cgg074

Established Member
WOW!
Your NEW paintjob on the hood lasted less than 5 months!!
That says a lot about Ford Paint

That's got to hurt!!

Good Luck pal

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
I'm thinking of Just getting this thing repainted by a REAL Body/Pain shop!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with that dealer, but there is no reason to not trust other dealers. A number of people here have had their hoods repainted and this is the first time I've heard of a negative experience. If it were me, I'd go to the other shop. At least it shouldn't cost you anything but gas money. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread