Replaced A/C Fan Motor and Module. Now Fan Constantly Runs

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Its doesnt matter @Imatk .I stand by what I said earlier in post 15. Its either your blower motor relay or a bad climate control assembly! The two wire colors you removed to the new connector are pink/white and orange/black . Blower motor request ON come from the climate control assembly.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
It may,,
Pin test describes exactly how blower gets its power.
I only see two possibilities from the print. Either the blower motor relay or the climate control assemble. Second PDF first diagram shows it. Possible short issue could exist???

Imatk

Established Member
Well the relay works just fine. But it's only a relay for the fan which make sense.

The fan is always on "1"

I switched polarity on the fan itself and it just ran badly but never stopped running.

So it must be the switch.

Imatk

Established Member
Switch is fine. only thing left is the module. But I'm beginning to wonder if the fan is designed to always run?

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
No. The fan is not suppose to run all the time. The switch changes on/off state thru the module. Its the only thing left to supply voltage to the motor. Can you post a pic of the back of the module?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So is this the same 2007 replacement fan or a newer style 13/14 gt500 fan?

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I can only come to 2 conclusions on this @me32 at this point! Bad switch or short in the blower motor circuits!?!? Regardless of the year of the fan motor it only gets power from one way unless a short exist. He has checked the wiring, Blower motor relay and now he is down to the switch and module. There is nothing left????

Imatk

Established Member
It definitely was NOT the same fan. I had to rewire it for the plug. It's "correct" for my year. But I'm assuming it was just an updated part (maybe because the other one was failing too often).

Imatk

Established Member
Well it wasn't the module. Now I have a spare I guess :/

Going to just leave it as is. My guess is it's possibly the fan, but I don't care enough at this point to contort this old body down into the footwell again to fool with it.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Well it wasn't the module. Now I have a spare I guess :/

Going to just leave it as is. My guess is it's possibly the fan, but I don't care enough at this point to contort this old body down into the footwell again to fool with it.
Sorry to hear that these possible solutions didnt fix your issue with your fan. So this leaves only one last possibilty for the fan to run continuously. There is a short somewhere in the blower motor circuit. @hotcobra03 posted some PDF'S to troubleshoot it for a short. If you decide to persue this issue and need help tracking this short down feel free to let me know. I would not just let the issue go because it is possilble it could cause other electrical issues or worst A FIRE!!!!

hotcobra03

Established Member
I would pull fuse for that relay.

See if fan goes off,,

May have short to power

There was also a connection between relay and switch which if disconnected should help in finding a ground short

I'm having cooling fan issues on my daily driver,
I ran ground wires to the trigger relay .

hotcobra03

Established Member

Imatk

Established Member
I'm not sure what I'm looking at here. I'm not that versed in schematics

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not sure what I'm looking at here. I'm not that versed in schematics
These PDF'S that @hotcobra03 posted have step by step procedures to diagnose a short condition. What exactly do you need some help with in the PDF'S? Is it interpreting the prints or which procedure you should follow?

Users who are viewing this thread