Replaced Engine for The Terminator

z power

Banned
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Hello guys, a month ago i had a problems in my 04 cobra, it was an oil leak then there was a second oil leak plus the crank seal and the crank shaft S*** thing...
they told me they are going to replace the engine..
so this is what is going on:
( Client reports that there is an oil leak. Major oil loss from front crank seal. After teardown it was found that the front cover was damaged due to crank movement, diagnose leaks. removed sized crankshaft pulley and dampner for visual inspection. perform engine EXCHANGE worksheet and contacted hotline..bla bla bla engine REPLACED ENGINE.

:thumbsup: :pepper: :pepper:

but the question is, when shall i do the performance parts... after 2000 or 3000 miles...
help me guys.

Thank you
Mohammed

99Blkcobravert

Established Member
Check to see if your dealer is MOD friendly. If not Ford will void your warranty when you change the pulley and take it in for warranty work.

Do the CAI and exhaust now. Get 500 miles or so on it and change the pulley and get a custom tune.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
I say exhaust, filter, predator, and call it good until you get used to the power.. if you have the money to burn, just buy a kenne bell and call it good. I don't know why I wasted money on upper pulleys n' what not. Got tired, and gave in. see sig :)

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Holey smokes...busted the front cover from crank movement???? That's pretty serious right there. No wonder you got a new mill.

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
I also have oil that is leaking down near the front suspension. I hope it's not the same problem. I haven't had a chance to check the filter to see if it is messed up or not. Had no problems for 1500 miles after an oil change and then all of a sudden it's leaking a little at idle but the undercarriage is covered and the dipstick reads full all the time. Looks like I might have to make a trip to the dealer.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with the "take it easy for awhile" recommendation. Especially since you're getting a new motor. I would give it at least 1,000 miles before I did anything. Period. Then when you're sure the new motor is good to go you might consider the basic Stage 1 mods (dealer friendly) like intake, exhaust, shifter. Then save your money for a Whipple or Kenne Bell rather than throw money into pullies and blower porting like I did. That is, unless you absolutely know you are only looking for 450rwhp or so. Take the time now to chart your realistic goals and you'll save yourself some money and frustration down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread