Replaced stock muffler with Magnaflow....Still need moar

chrisheltra

Established Member
So I had a local exhaust shop simply cut out the stock mufflers and weld in new magnaflow mufflers and reused the stock tips. It sounds a bit more aggressive and a tad bit deeper but I'm looking for more. Whats the next logical step to give me the more aggressive sound I'm looking for and how to best do it on the cheap. I also don't want to do something that would require me to modify the tune.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Have your exhaust shop cut out out the resonators and replace with them straight pipe....No tune needed...Little more noise.

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
I LOVE my setup! All it has are two 40 series Flowmasters on it.

You can hear it OK in this video.

Plus, the race after mine you get to see a GTO get TORE UP by an '88 GT!:banana:

th_14GTvsNewEdgeand88GTvsGTO.jpg

Badbob2121

ЯTR #054
Established Member
Just get a muffler delete AB.

I have the SLP loudmouths and love them. I also have GT500's sitting in my basement. It takes 30min to change them out if Im going on a long trip or simply dont want all the noise.

But this is also not my daily driver...

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
The stock mufflers sound raspy without the resonators and cats. Which axle backs are confirmed to not drone without cats or resonators, is a straight through high flow design, and are not so raspy?

Last edited:

Jaytecherectus

Established Member
Installed Flowmaster Outlaw AB's a couple months ago. Wanted a little more - removed the resonators. Anybody that says removing the resonators does very little to increase the sound, is deaf or in denial. Sounds like a V8 Aston Martin in sport mode. Goes from a rumble at idle to a raspy, fire breathing beast over 3000 rpm's. I dig it.

haVesoV777

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread