Replacing 2008 GT500 Steering Wheel with GT

Justtanotheraccountt

Established Member
My 2008 GT500 steering wheel is peeling on the top due to the sun and want to replace it. I found a cheap mustang gt steering wheel from the same body style with the brushed aluminum.

Will it fit? How much work are we talking from replacing the wheel and switching the airbag over?

Also, I feel the brushed aluminum is much better looking than the all black gt500 wheels, thoughts on this? Do you think it will look bad?

Thanks,

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Supposedly there is a Ford Performance replacement steering wheel for the GT500 that is similar to the ones in the link below but I can't find it at the moment....

I believe its a slight -or- different variation with the "flat bottom" section....

Search for Ford Performance Parts

GT500-2007

Established Member
The GT wheel from 07-09 will fit the GT500 from 07-09 and the swap is pretty easy. If you look around on the web you’ll find instructions. However if you spend some time you can find the factory original wheel although a bit pricy. I think Blue Oval still had some inventory or at least they did a few months back.

GT

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I have the Boss 302 wheel on my 2008 and the steering wheel controls don't hook up nor does the horn...wiring is different. I haven't found a wiring diagram to make them work.

Users who are viewing this thread