Replacing Laptop with IPAD Maybe?

Cruzer

11 Second 2V
Established Member
Hey guys/gals, my laptop took a poop on me a while back:cuss: and I was thinking about getting the ipad instead of another laptop. I havent had the time to research about them. Does anyone have one yet? Or would it just be better to get another laptop. The only thing I did on my laptop was surf the web and have alot of pics on it. Thanks alot for any info!:beer:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
i wouldnt but if you are set on it i would wait for the next generation.

As with everything im sure its choked full of bigs and issues

YellowShaker03

I Am Black Jesus
Established Member
Even though all you do is surf the web mostly I'd still pick up a laptop. If money is tight get a netbook- most can be had for 2-300 hundred. You will need a computer at some point, seeing how the iPad won't be able to do all the tasks you need it to do. If I remember right the iPad (like the iPhone) does not have flash, so over half the websites you go to won't display correctly. Theres also to software updates for the iPhone and iPad that requires you to have a computer with iTunes on it to download, install and sync the updates.

*I am not bashing the iPad or apple seeing how I own an iPhone 3G but just saying it would be smarter to replace the laptop instead of opting for the iPad.

Last edited:

colsgt

Established Member
ipad is not a laptop substitute. It cannot do many things a laptop can. Get a laptop, then get a 2nd gen ipad eventually.

Cruzer

11 Second 2V
Established Member
If I cant log onto SVT and see a normal web page, I wouldn't want it. I think you guys just answered my question. To bad looks bad ass.:shrug:

bscarberry

Established Member
Basically a glorified iPhone with a few more gadgets, but like nitrojunk said it has no flash support so there are a lot of websites where you won't be able to see content. I'll continue to stick with my iPhone/Lap Top combo.

txyaloo

Established Member
If I cant log onto SVT and see a normal web page, I wouldn't want it. I think you guys just answered my question. To bad looks bad ass.:shrug:

I have one. SVTP works fine, but it definitely isn't a laptop replacement.

xenodragon

Established Member
Its a waste of money...i have one and dont use it very often...its just awkward to hold...it really needs to sit on a flat surface. Its nice for watching movies on planes, and playing games on...but thats about it...surfing the internet is kind of a pain, you will fat finger alot of links that are close together...and no flash support....

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Depends on what you do on your laptop. It doesn't seem like it's a sufficient replacement, but I keep hearing people who buy them say they don't even use their laptops anymore.

Cruzer

11 Second 2V
Established Member
I dont understand why they wounldn't have made it flash compatible??? WTF
Okay what if they made the 2nd gen Ipad flash compatible, then would it be worth it?

txyaloo

Established Member
I dont understand why they wounldn't have made it flash compatible??? WTF
Okay what if they made the 2nd gen Ipad flash compatible, then would it be worth it?

The 2nd gen won't be flash compatible either, and it still won't be a laptop replacement.

cobracide

Established Member
1272041163OemrKgVjRJ_1_1.jpg

tj04cobra

Established Member
I'd find a cheap laptop. The ipad looks cool but no flash support sucks. Plus having to have a laptop to update it or put iTunes on it would make it useless to you then. If money wasn't an issue I'd get a ipad just to mess around with since it'd be basically like a giant iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread