Restoration of a 1995 Cobra R

Pur Juic

track ho
Established Member
Darwin-2004CobraSVT100.jpg
[/IMG]

Ford has not changed much......the same as my 2004 Cobra when I repaired and painted. (My fox body is the same also)

Dar

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Gary spent a couple of hours working on the #99 car over the weekend.

He doesn't have much extra time since he is taking 3 race cars to Daytona in 10 days and needs to complete the applications for two cars for the Monterey Historics.

Yea, I know Monterey is in August, but those *#@&+ unforgiving committee members require a 1-31-10 deadline for "applications for racing". :shrug: :dw:
http://www.mazdaraceway.com/files/2010_Historic_Entry_Form_Binder1.pdf

The 99 is almost ready to be started. It has gas and oil. There is nothing like the first sound of a newly rebuilt car.

GJM99bb.gif

GJM99bc.gif

GJM99ba.gif

This looks like the radiator from the #53 to me? :-D

GJM99bd.gif

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Awesome thread guys.
Just an idea, STEEDA might still have some parts for restorations.
I know when I woked there, there were a lot of SN95 parts around.
(upstairs over the shop)
One never knows.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Good idea but ironically enough I called them last year to see if I could get some info on them on my IMSA car which was apparently prepped by Steeda. They told me they couldn't provide any info......

I also purchased another 95R that was owned by Dario and he couldn't tell me a thing about it other than "yes, I owned that car... I think...".

Unfortunately they are much more interested in selling parts than sharing the information that they may have on these vehicles. I guess that's their primary business but it would be nice if they cared about the hobby a little.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
Dario is whatever he is. His company has stepped up to help me at every turn. Ive had a great relationship with Steeda from the time I got the #05 car that continues now that its gone.

I didnt talk to Dario. I talk with Frank Stoddard who helps me get information from Steve Chikasola, who built the cars. Its important to remember that STEEDA is two parts. STEve and DArio. Dario is the business end and Steve is the engineer.

Last edited:

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Steve is a cool cat, and when I worked there, he was my Boss.
Frank is a great guy, and really cracks me up some times.
I have one VERY true story that involves the 3 of us at Moroso,
and thinking about it, it STILL cracks me up.
Frank! LOL
I just saw Frank up in Valdosta when returning from getting my Project car dyno'd.

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
One of my 93Rs was a Steeda owned car... they would not give me any info either about 6-7 years ago when contacted about it. All that was confirmed was that they did own the car prior to the 95Rs coming out.

Bartman73

Established Member
I know Steeda had a few cars they never raced, and then sold. From what I have heard they still have the cars they raced.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
I met him at Sebring a few years ago. VERY cool guy!!! And I'm positive that the fact that he let me drive both the 93 and 95R's at Sebring have nothing to do with the way I feel about him!!!

r82of250

Established Member
Thought it was still him. I knew him back in the late 90's. Nice guy.

GO GATORS! :)

Back in the 90's Jimmy? Did you go to school with Dan's kids? He has a couple of sons about your age, Chad's about 30 and Troy's maybe 32 now.

Hey Birdman, where are you in Ft Myers? I'm in the Cape. Did we meet at the Lakes Park car show 2 years ago? I had a 65 Fastback track car there, white w/blue stripe.

Dean

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Hey Dean! Actually, he used to stop in at National Parts Depot all the time :) He became good friends with one of the sales guys back then. But I haven't seen him since around '99...

Back in the 90's Jimmy? Did you go to school with Dan's kids? He has a couple of sons about your age, Chad's about 30 and Troy's maybe 32 now.

Hey Birdman, where are you in Ft Myers? I'm in the Cape. Did we meet at the Lakes Park car show 2 years ago? I had a 65 Fastback track car there, white w/blue stripe.

Dean

Users who are viewing this thread