Restoration of a 1995 Cobra R

r82of250

Established Member
Dan does own both.

Dario keeps them, maintains them and uses them.

Tom

Yep, what he said! Dan won't sell his 95R until it's worth HUGE money! I haven't seen him for a year or two. His office is here in the Cape, I need to reconnect, see what's up.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Who dat beat the Gators and the Longhorns? :D

Tide.gif

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh Lord....this is turning into a College Football thread now? ROFL
We can get off-topic here.:shrug:

Back to the topic - Did Gary get his R engine running last weekend?
Dean,
I am waiting on pictures. It is running. Gary needs to install the interior and then send it to the paint shop.

I know you've seen your old car:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/9349956-post83.html

These cars will once again be popular once they are raced in front of thousands of spectators.

r82of250

Established Member
We can get off-topic here.:shrug:

Dean,
I am waiting on pictures. It is running. Gary needs to install the interior and then send it to the paint shop.

I know you've seen your old car:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/9349956-post83.html

These cars will once again be popular once they are raced in front of thousands of spectators.

Yeah I saw my old R at Daytona. Doc, Tom, Gene, Gary,et al, please remind me, if I ever again have a such great looking Cobra(unlikely tho that may be), to be more careful who I sell it to.:cryying:

Last edited:

GJMCAR98

MOTOROLA MAN
Established Member
Cobra R #99 Update

Hey FlatTrack, Do you want more pictures of #99 or the Crew Chief:) I'm all out of crew chief shots right now but we may get a few more from our Sebring event in a few weeks.....I haven't taken any more pictures of #99 because nothing in the looks department has changed. We have been really busy at the race shop getting 6 or 7 cars ready for Sebrings first weekend of March event but I did take the time to get it fired up a few day's ago. After chasing an electrical problem that kept the fuel pump from turning on and the coil from powering up not to mention a few other goofey things like some of the lights staying on all the time (Thanks to the guys at the shop for the help) we discoverd that the body shop that put the clip on the car had two plugs under the dash crossed up. Once we changed those we got the fuel pressure up, turned the key and after 6 or 7 years of sitting since it was stuffed into a wall at Joliet the car fired right up. I have to say that bringing one of these cars back to life brought me a LOT of satisfaction....Next step is to the body shop for paint and then I will bring it back home and do the final assembley. I hope to be driving it by the middle of summer....I need to thank everyone on this awesome forum for helping me with this thing and a special thanks to Doc for posting the pictures and letting me bring his all origianl R to my shop at the house to have a guide to put #99 back together with. It made it really a breeze to be able to turn around, take two steps and look at a correct car when you had a question about how something was suppose to go. NOW, Tom if I can just get you to turn loose of that Snipes Car I will have another project to work on and I'm thinking you need this Zippo #53 that I have to add to your collection.....UM seems like some kind of trade is in order here and I will even make the trip to Texas :) Gary

Last edited:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
Yeah I saw my old R at Daytona. Doc, Tom, Gene, Gary,et al, please remind me, if I ever again have a such great looking Cobra(unlikely tho that may be), to be more careful who I sell it to.:cryying:

Hey Dean,

I just had the pleasure of reading your post. Made my day

Users who are viewing this thread