RET DYNO DAY!!!!! 5/12/12 9am-4pm

iggster

Established Member
My numbers were 552rwhp and 524rwtq. Mine is not the 666 car, I did see that one at the shop. My tune is set for 90 octane and timing is set to 15 deg....ultra wicked safe. I am going to go back and have Greg tune it for me, said he could get it around 600. When I was in Texas I had a tune on 93 octain with 21 deg timing and I put down 612 rwhp. I really want to get back to that. Not sure if it makes a diff but I did put some heavier 10.5" FAS rims on with Nitto NT-01 315/35/17 tires. Maybe that affect the numbers too. Oh well, the seat of the pants feel is good for me.

James

Don't get stuck on the dyno numbers to much, dyno is just a tool. To compare it has to be on the same dyno ideally the same day and even if possible as close to the same time period.

One of the few reasons is cause some tuners can put it in the tune to retard timing depending on engine knock, ect,act temps. (which is also what makes a tune safer, low timing can and will still break stuff if no precuations are built into the tune) It can even be adjusted to add timing to.

Then obviously the differences in dynos

08blkshelby

Established Member
Awesome numbers! Mario is it?

Where did you get that 2.4" pulley? How many #'s boost with it?

I basically have JLT CAI, 2.65" pulley, magnaflow exhaust and an RET tune.
553hp / 530 tq

Yup, its me, Mario, lol.
I got the pulley from autoliberte. That's his name here on the forums. He would even do custom sizes. I see about 13.5 lbs of boost.

Which jlt intake do you have? Do you have cats on your mid pipe? You have headers? Great numbers for your mods!

Last edited:

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Thanks Mario. Yea I have the magnaflow high flow catted (off raod) x-pipe and the 2nd revision of the JLT's not the newest 3rd gen which has the integrated MAF. Hmm, Im seeing 12.5 lbs of boost. Wouldnt a 0.25" smaller pulley produce more boost or is that about right?

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Another Great RET Dyno Day, and I'm kicking myself for not running my car, as I haven't changed anything since last year's run. Greg and his crew do a great job. It was interesting to see the Ret cars on the Dyno, the flat safe A/F, and good consistent numbers they put down. The other Tuners cars we're much more inconsistent: A few looked good, a few looked on the edge lean or worse, and some Greg just flat pulled out of. He pulled a few off the Dyno, so as to not hurt their motors, and said to have them looked at. Greg is a stand-up guy with a good operation, and a growing business in an iffy economy. Seems to me the kind of operation to do business with......

08blkshelby

Established Member
Thanks Mario. Yea I have the magnaflow high flow catted (off raod) x-pipe and the 2nd revision of the JLT's not the newest 3rd gen which has the integrated MAF. Hmm, Im seeing 12.5 lbs of boost. Wouldnt a 0.25" smaller pulley produce more boost or is that about right?

The stock boost gage sucks! When I had the 2.59 pulley I only saw 11 lbs of boost max.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Wow that dont sound right. Have you had it on the dyno before to get an accurate boost level? Im 12 lbs on a 2.65"
Isnt there a chart somewhere to spec all the pulleys to boost levels?

Last edited:

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Hmm Im interested in this 2.40 pulley. Did a little searching and look at what I found :)

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...o-results-posi-ported-eaton-w-2-40-upper.html
- Autoliberte's 2.40" upper pulley which requires the blower snout being shaved a bit, (thanks Posi!!), provided a consistent 14 lbs of boost. Boost levels hit 13 lbs at the first hit (approx 2,400 rpm), and climbed to 14 lbs by 3,500 rpms, and held constant up till the pulls were shut down, (6,200+/- rpm).

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Where are all the pics?

Heres mine: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...149/850108-ret-dyno-day-pic-heavy-videos.html

I only took a few pics but here they are. My video is awaiting processing. Still looking for the numbers from all the cars that ran.

Dyno Day - Racers Edge Tuning 05.12.12

Post it up in my other thread in the Picture section! :beer:

Another Great RET Dyno Day, and I'm kicking myself for not running my car, as I haven't changed anything since last year's run. Greg and his crew do a great job. It was interesting to see the Ret cars on the Dyno, the flat safe A/F, and good consistent numbers they put down. The other Tuners cars we're much more inconsistent: A few looked good, a few looked on the edge lean or worse, and some Greg just flat pulled out of. He pulled a few off the Dyno, so as to not hurt their motors, and said to have them looked at. Greg is a stand-up guy with a good operation, and a growing business in an iffy economy. Seems to me the kind of operation to do business with......

Couldn't agree more! RET FTMFW! :rockon:

yfzkevin

Established Member
Saturday was a good day. Sorry it took me so long to post on this. My buddy got married yesterday and was busy busy sunday and monday.

My car was the red C6 z06. I will check the numbers again but I think it was something like 583/532...something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread