Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Don't know

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by Jaysvt
How may of you guys had a retune after you installed the apten ported blower?

Mine went out today bud, we'll see if it needs some tune mods in about 2 weeks.

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
TTT I would also like to know.

Will

Robertson Racing Jay wants to know who had to get there's done, and who didn't need to. He talked to brian today and he said probably not. We were just wondering from the people that have done the mod what there results where.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Great thread, I to have spoken with Brian and he say not really. I believe it make my car run leaner than before. My last dyno was alittle rich and now I'm getting a little detonation when I wasn't before. Aptens porting really seems to work.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by brad65ford
you need another listing:

Who knows its now running leaner and hasn't retuned!
That would be me, but since retuning is a must I'll go with the "did the retune" group. I'm getting it done next month.

Jaysvt

Ready for Summer
Established Member
My blower is on the way right now and while its gone i would like to get this figured out and make some decisions. Brian and Lynn from Amazon both said every car is different. I was woundering who did and who didn't????

jay

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
The Apten leaned my car out about .2 My tune was rich enough before so I did not have to get a retune. My a/f starts at about 11.2 and ends up at 12.1 by redline, no detonation either.

From what I have seen, the apten will lean your car out about .2 to .3 degrees. You 'usually' will not need a retune if your current tune is safe/rich enough. But there are a few people that needed a re-tune.

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
Good Article in this Months 5.0 mag. They do an apten swap and Dyno. In the article Brian states that changing you tune is not necessary as his mod increases blower effiency not boost.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
APTEN BLOWER

I did not have to re-tune after doing the Apten Blower upgrade on my car:rockon: As far as I am concerened the Apten upgrade was the best bang for the buck I did on my Cobra :thumbsup:

Fred:beer:

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Originally posted by Sonic Blue
In the article Brian states that changing you tune is not necessary as his mod increases blower effiency not boost.

I know that's what the article said, but seems like those that have done the Apten and checked a/f are running leaner. Hey, just playing devil's advocate -- parts vendors in general are going to tell us how easy their parts are to install. Still seems like the Apten is a worthwhile mod. Can't wait to do mine.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Don't assume your A/F won't change with the Apten ported blower. Install it and get to a dyno shop and check your A/F. Why risk it? We should all know by now that some A/Fs have changed and some haven't. Mine did definitely change, and to the lean side. Not good. So I'm getting it taken care of. Don't risk it in my opinion.

Jaysvt

Ready for Summer
Established Member
hay cobrabob PM if you can with your mods i just want to compare to what i have!!! I am really worried about this and i don't need to spend any more money on chips i already have over $1200 spent.

jay

Users who are viewing this thread