Return fuel system ? Staged pumps needed ??

rudycobra

Established Member
I ordered my wiring kit, fuel return line and regulator today from fore . Deff nice guy to deal with . He reccomended staging the pumps so both not running all the time . Wondering who all does this or not ?should I ? Still have to get a new hat and pumps but wanted get a start on my system . Should b running 405's and hoping I can make due with my 60's . They seem to think ill b ok .

Tractionless1

Established Member
Unless the pumps they are selling you are crap there's no need. The point of return is to send more than is needed and the ECU commands the injectors to inject what's required.

rudycobra

Established Member
Guess he's telling me to do staged so both pumps aren't runnin all the time . 1 does and the other is controlled to come on depending on boost with a Hobbs switch .

TRBO VNM

There are certain situations and setups where staged pumps are better when running multiple pumps. Part of the reason is the larger pumps can generate a lot of heat which isn't good for a fuel system. It is application specific and doesn't matter if the pump is "crap". That doesn't signify if you should stage them. LOL

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Justin knows his stuff at Fore. I'm pretty sure there is a way to go return and not have both pumps running 12v all the time....I'm not sure if the 2nd runs 6v and then a Hobbs switch triggers it to 12v once WOT is sensed or its some other configuration he recommends. Those FC2 and FC3 controllers are slick as well and making wiring easy and neat.

One other thing I see is you are going with the 405s....those are fine but be darn sure you aren't ever going to run E85. They have failed at a high rate with ethanol. The 465 might be a better choice since it has an ethanol warranty.

rudycobra

Established Member
Thanks ! They do know their stuff over there . I've been talking to Corey . I did get the controller that has a remote wire to run the 2 nd pump of a Hobbs switch . I can run them either way though and was just curious wat everyone does

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
I'm not working with the same caliber u r for power but on my ported Eaton/e85/return system, I run my twin wally 255's full time and they r still doing fine

Users who are viewing this thread