Return Style Fuel Setup 2.9 Whipple

jblood37

Established Member
Post YOUR Return Style Fuel Setup Pics (Hopefully with a 2.9 Whipple!)

Can everyone please post up their exact return style setup with pics? I am especially interested if you have a 2.9 Whipple. I have asked brands before, but now I want to get more specific. What I am most concerned with is if regulator is before or after rails and also if it is series or parallel. I'm not sure if I can even run my setup in parallel or not bc I have almost zero clearance on my passenger fuel rail at rear. The more pics and explanations the better! I'm deciding this week on what system I want to buy. I've been thinking about making my own using fore or aeromotive parts, but not sure on what fittings or how many etc. (Thought of just basing my system off a package deal from a company.) If anyone could help I'd much appreciate it!

Last edited:

selbyvince

Established Member
-glenns performance sleeper fuel tank
-maganfuel 750 external pump
-(2) jegs inline filters
- -10 steel braided fuel line (feed)
- -8 steel braided fuel line (return)
-fore fuel rails
-80 lb injectors
-aeromotive fuel regulator
-speedhut fuel pressure gauge
- wired dual relay in parallel with a 30 amp fuse, sensing off of the ignition

(my regulator is after the rails, and i just removed the pumps from the stock sending unit and stuck it in the glenns tank so my fuel gauge still works)

you can see how i have my feed line ran to the front, teed off and feeding both rails

horrible pic as its all i have on my computer, but you can see where leaving both rails i have lines coming to my regulator, my regulator sits back in the passenger side corner over the a/c stuff

you can see the regulator better here

this is how i wired it up, #10 wire straight from the battery, through these two relays, then to the pump. #12 wire i used to switch the coil on the relays which i wired up at the ignition, but you could tap into your factory fpdm wiring.

pics of the tank and etc..

came out of the tank, ran through one filter, then the pump, then another filter, then to the fuel rails

Mystic03

Established Member
question on regulator..would it be best before the rails or after since if the regulator goes bad for whatever reason rails will still be supplied constant fuel press?

rfiresnake

Established Member

2.9 with stock inlet, Lethal triple pump system with fore rails. My system has 3 lines out of the tank that go into a y block that turns into one big line runs into another y block that comes out with 2 lines that run into the back of each rail then exit my rails into my reg. I had to file the crap out of my inlet for the fore rails to fit = (
523366_10151513079338670_462812850_n.jpg

1raresnake

Established Member
Fore Innovations Return fuel system
SN95 Fuel Pump Module
2-465 pumps
F2i Fuel Pressure Regulator
Fore Precision Works Fuel rails
F10 Inline Fuel Filter
-8 Feed/Return Teflon lines

jblood37

Established Member
question on regulator..would it be best before the rails or after since if the regulator goes bad for whatever reason rails will still be supplied constant fuel press?

I keep hearing after, but I talked to Justin at Fore and he said it didn't matter. Hope someone can chime in.

jblood37

Established Member
2.9 with stock inlet, Lethal triple pump system with fore rails. My system has 3 lines out of the tank that go into a y block that turns into one big line runs into another y block that comes out with 2 lines that run into the back of each rail then exit my rails into my reg. I had to file the crap out of my inlet for the fore rails to fit = (
523366_10151513079338670_462812850_n.jpg

I'm guessing you have the old style Fore rails? Justin at Fore said it should fit that exact system (I also have 2.9 noncrusher) without filing. I would hate to have to file down my intake! Also, how hard was it to run the rear line into the passenger side rail? I'm surprised you had room!

Last edited:

rfiresnake

Established Member
I will try to snap some pics this weekend. Yes these are the old rails and i removed at least half the thickness of the inlet to make them fit.

selbyvince

Established Member
Great setup and post! What is the reason behind getting the gp tanks?

just to go to a sumped tank, feed out of the bottom instead of pulling from the top like the stock tank does. and lets you run minimal amount of fuel in the tank at the track to drop weight or whatever.. I got a good deal on the tank thats why i have it. but i love my fuel system and would do it again lol, the glenns performace tank is top notch.

Mystic03

Established Member
so are you guys going a 2-1 yblock and fuel line in each rail then to the regulator?

------Yblock======fuel rails (1 line each)=====regulator====yblock-----tank?

rfiresnake

Established Member
You can do it a few ways ... I did 3 lines out of the tank into a 3 to 1 y block. One line runs up into a 1 to 2 yblock thats in my fender well. From there those two lines goto my fuel rails (back of rails) 1 line per rail then the fuel exits the front of my fuel rail into my regulator and a return line back to the tank

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
I have a setup similar to a few on the site all FORE and Fragola Pushlock. I built this system to take out all the Y blocks and such.
Fore triple pump
3 -6 out to 3-1 block
-10 out to Filter
-10 out of filter to passenger rail -10 to -8 rail adapter
-8 across the back
-8 to Fore F2
-8 back to tank
p.s. I am a little weird when it came to symmetry running under the car.
SAM_1730.jpg

SAM_1732.jpg

SAM_1729.jpg

SAM_1740.jpg

SAM_1744.jpg

SAM_1742.jpg

SAM_1743.jpg

Return line
SAM_1745.jpg

:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread