Reverse Lights

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Have ya ever considered BRIGHTER back-up lights?

I was driving at night a couple of times now, and when backing, a bit more light wouldn't be a bad thing.

Anybody got a source for bright lights?

TIA:beer:

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
If anyone cares, I got a set of PIAA Xtreme White Lights to replace my stock reverse lights on my Focus. Definitely a brighter light!

Bought them from these guys: www.eautoworks.com . $16.95 plus 4.95 S&H = $21.90.

On our SVTF's, along with all hatchback Foci, the bulb is a 921. The sedans and wagons use a different bulb.

Stock Reverse Light:

Last edited:

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Be careful when you change to a different candlepower bulb, I have seen the sockets actually melt from excessive heat. I used to see it a lot in third brake lights that were rear window mounted and used the same style 906/912 bulb.

Although in the backup lamps it would probably be o.k. because they are not on for extended periods of time.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Originally posted by nemitz
hey hammerhead,

I'm having trouble reading your speedo, what were you doing in kph?

Hehe, With the rides in my sig, you don't actually think I would drive like that, do you??

Only had my SVTF barely into triple digits so far. I scammed that pic from another forum.;-)

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Originally posted by FORDSVTPARTS
Be careful when you change to a different candlepower bulb, I have seen the sockets actually melt from excessive heat. I used to see it a lot in third brake lights that were rear window mounted and used the same style 906/912 bulb.

Although in the backup lamps it would probably be o.k. because they are not on for extended periods of time.

Yep, thought about that ahead of time and had the same idea as you --- I figured generally, the reverse lights aren't on long enough to get that hot. :beer:

I have to be honest though, I just got done driving it quite a bit tonight, and while the lights are definitely brighter, they still don't do what I want them to do. IMO, they're mounted too high and don't light up the ground area while backing.

I'm thinking of mounting some sort of light behing that grill thingy, under the rear bumper. When I get time...

Users who are viewing this thread