Rhino Ramp Extensions

missile man

Established Member
Any one ever heard of extensions for the Rhino Ramps? Some of the C-5 guys are talkin about them but no particulars.:shrug:

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
I use extensions...they are 2 pieces of a 2x10" piece of wood that are about 2 feet long each. That's all you need to keep the underneath portion of the spoiler from scraping.

If there Rhino makes some, I am not aware of it but these work great! :beer:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Originally posted by OrigTXCobra
I use extensions...they are 2 pieces of a 2x10" piece of wood that are about 2 feet long each. That's all you need to keep the underneath portion of the spoiler from scraping.

LOL! I do the same thing! 2 pieces of 2x10's and the Rhino Ramps. Works great.

:beer:

missile man

Established Member
Thanks Guys, I just got home with the ramops and they work great. No clearance problems at all. I am putting in the BBK springs this weekend and I will have to try the extensions.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by missile man
Thanks Guys, I just got home with the ramops and they work great. No clearance problems at all. I am putting in the BBK springs this weekend and I will have to try the extensions.
I bought mine on-line and supposedly my Rhino ramps are a lower profile design. At least that is what the seller claims. I definitely have no scaping with mine. Maybe all the Rhino ramps are the same. Maybe not. :??:

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
With the rhino ramps i have, purchased at autozone, the bottom trim piece on the front bumper cover just barely touches the edge of the ramp when the car is going down them. It doesnt touch it enough that it damages anything, so im not too worried about it.

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
Originally posted by notdisturbed
With the rhino ramps i have, purchased at autozone, the bottom trim piece on the front bumper cover just barely touches the edge of the ramp when the car is going down them. It doesnt touch it enough that it damages anything, so im not too worried about it.

That's the way mine were, which is why I came up with my high tech extensions...;-)

SouthTXSnake

Established Member
notdisturbed:
How much did autozone have these for? I live in an apartment, and I've been taking her to get the oil changed. If I can get a hold of some of these, I could start doing it myself.

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
I believe i paid 24.99 for the pair. I live in an apartment too, and once i bought the snake having a way to do my own maintenence work was a must. I can slide under the car back to where the headers meet the h-pipe. I could slide further if i lost some weight, hahahaha.

SouthTXSnake

Established Member
Picking up a set first thing tomorrow morning. Anything to reduce the chance of someone %&*ing up my car.

shagn03

Established Member
There are 2 kinds of Rhino Ramps that I have seen, black one for cars and a grey one for trucks and suv's. The only difference is the width of the surface. I don't think they are any longer or taller.
Just my .02 :bored:

Users who are viewing this thread