Ricer pulls a tard move. Gets killed.

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Disclaimer: no fast or even remotely quick cars involved.

So last night I took my daily driver ('96 Integra GSR) out to the track to watch some friends run their cars. I stayed for a couple hours and as I am leaving I pull onto the highway behind a riced out mid 90's Civic hatch with a HUGE fart cannon.

Now My GSR is by no means fast (intake/catback) and I don't represent is as such. I am behind the Civic and he is going 45 in a 55. This highway is a long straight stretch where you can see forever ahead of you. So after a bit I get sick and tired of following the guy going 10mph under the speed limit so I decided to pass him. He has 2 passengers and I am by myself. As I pull out to pass I hear him drop a gear and his fart cannon begins to rattle like a beer can full of gravel. So I am thinking "wtf, this jackass isn't gonna let me pass?" "You gotta be kidding me." So I proceed to drop a gear and let my 1.8 liters of pure V-TAK fury loose. :burnout: :lol: I went by the guy like he was standing still even though his car sounded like it was going to explode from the vibration.

I guess it's time to go back to the stock exhaust on my car so it doesn't sound even remotely ricey. I am sick of every riced out car in town trying to race me. I couldnt' believe the guy would attempt to not let me pass, no wonder street racers get a bad reputation. It's all the street RICERS out there. Thanks for hanging in there with my story.

sonicblew

Established Member
sounds like a complete ass. thats happened to me before when in my 03 cobra on the way home from work. i take a two lane state road to my neighborhood. a couple times ive been behind some ass who wants to bait me into a race by going 10 or so under the limit. unfortunetly for them they could down shift all they want but im still getting around them. and like you its always someone in a pos causing me to get pissed and waste my expensive gas.
good story!

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
thats a funny story but i thought like he was gonna lose control of all the torque to his front wheel drive and have him turn into a tree or something \

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
So I am thinking "wtf, this jackass isn't gonna let me pass?" "You gotta be kidding me."

We get that ALL THE TIME around here from ricers.

They go under the speed limit and when you go to pass, they hit it.
Good thing none of their cars make any power, so it's usually no problem.

Pretty sure trying to block someone from passing in that manner is illegal anyway.

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
He probably figuered you were just like him since you two share an interest in ricers with exhausts. Just sayin. lol

:bash: Haha, thanks for your support. Mine is a Magnaflow cat back so at least I have that going for me. lol I can't say I like it, still too damn ricey. It's buy a resonator or back to stock for me.

JMD0346

Established Member
:bash: Haha, thanks for your support. Mine is a Magnaflow cat back so at least I have that going for me. lol I can't say I like it, still too damn ricey. It's buy a resonator or back to stock for me.

lol You know I had to.:D

Uhhh... Stock please and thank you!:lol:

Judging by your car list you seem to have went through a ricer phase. Obviously you pulled through(almost) and are back with the grown ups. Props to you. LOL

Last edited:

97cobra1

Established Member
I like the GSRs. Don't go back to stock. It might not be impressively fast, but at least it isn't a freakin civic man. haha.

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
I like the GSRs. Don't go back to stock. It might not be impressively fast, but at least it isn't a freakin civic man. haha.

Thanks, I actually think it will be less obnoxious once I get a resonator. I didn't buy the car to go fast in, I bought it for a DD which it does pretty well.

kasee 03

Menudo Eater
Established Member
My wife says she gets other ricers revving at her while she's driving her little 02 Civic EX. I tell her we should switch up as I get that like 3 times from going from point A to point B in any direction in my Cobra.:sleeping:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
That is ome crazy sh$$ but I know what you mean. My MACH only comes out for fun so I bought a crap box 1994 Nissan Sentra to take anywhere. The car is great on gas mileage but can't get up a hill for sh%$. Anyway, I constantly get reved at by some ricers and I cannot figure out why. The car has the stock tires on it, the original 1/4" exhaust pipe with no fart can and peeling paint on the roof and hood. This car is mainly to beat the crap out of and take me to work. Why do ricers feel the need to rev at me?
:shrug:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
sounds like a complete ass. thats happened to me before when in my 03 cobra on the way home from work. i take a two lane state road to my neighborhood. a couple times ive been behind some ass who wants to bait me into a race by going 10 or so under the limit. unfortunetly for them they could down shift all they want but im still getting around them. and like you its always someone in a pos causing me to get pissed and waste my expensive gas.
good story!

To the OP- good kill:beer:

Same thing happened to me the other day in my Mach....guy tried to "race" me with his Vibe? I alsmost had to pull over I was laughing so hard:nonono:

Chuckler3

Zombie Survivalist
Established Member
i was waiting for an ending along the lines of, so i pulled in front of him, slammed on the brakes and got out.. he stepped up so i beat him to death with a furby..

Users who are viewing this thread