Rick from Amazon in CA!! Dyno Day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I should know by Monday if 18th will work for us..if you think you can get this together in 2 weeks..go with it...

UCBeau

cobraboy169 said:
The place that we are going to do the tuning is in So Cal. It will be either in San Jose or Santa Clara. PM a message to Lightning Larry he know the city that the dyno shop will be in.

And if that all wounds good for you pm myself or QuikZ06 and tell him to add youe name to the list.
Sorry bud, those are not So-Cal..So-cal is anything south of SB :)

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol,...Ok its somewhat official were going to do it on the 18th so c'mon people lets get a few more and bring the price down. It will be held in the Bay Area in Campbell I belive at Jeff S's Shop and he told me its $80/Hr for the dyno. So here again...

Tuner Fee $150 Mandatory

Tune $125 for the tune unless your a customers of Rick already.

Dyno $80/Hr as per Jeff S (thank you) Paid Directly to Jeff

Ricks Travel Expenses $750-800 (estimate) This would be devided by all of us.

Lastly you need to have a Tuner, XCal or Predator if you dont Linn told me $399 shipped with a base tune for your car, which is a good deal. So it looks like Nov 18th at Jeff S's in Campbell. I will call Linn on Monday to make sure its a go and set up the payment arrangements to them. I mentioned before this had to be paid up front so so I''ll find ut from Linn what everyone owes up front, then we just have to worry about the dyno and travel expenses. Sound good?

Quik Z06

Established Member
1170 Campbell Ave
San Jose 95126

Across front Santa Clara State University right off 880 Alameda exit
1150 is the shop that is visible from the street and 1170 is around back

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
OK after a talk with my father I decided that I am still going to the track on Saturday the 11th. My father and stepmother are making the trip to watch me and I don't want to bail on them. This will be the first time they have seen me at the track and I would like to spend time with them before the leave for Hawaii for Thanksgiving. Yeah that is right they are leaving me in F*ing Cali for Thanksgiving and going to Hawaii and they would not be back in time for the track day on the 25th. So anyone that wants to join me would be great. I ahve a couple of friends coming mith me from Chico but I would like some of the other guys from home.

QuikZ06 I know the Cobra isn't ready but what about the Z? What about Johnathan? A freind of mine from home Edgar with a 03 Yellow GT is going to make the trip but I would like some of the other guys there as well. What do you all say? QuikZ06 I know you and Rach could use a day out of town and away from everything. PM me and let me know what the deal is if anyone wants to go. If anything just bring a beater and hang out for a day.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Kevin I added you to the list :)

Thanks Pete! :beer:

My car is pretty much stock except for a BORLA/STEEDA cat-back & a K&N drop in filter. Will I still benefit from his tuning because the factory settings are way too rich right...:shrug:

Just let me know what you think!;-)

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
Thanks Pete! :beer:

My car is pretty much stock except for a BORLA/STEEDA cat-back & a K&N drop in filter. Will I still benefit from his tuning because the factory settings are way too rich right...:shrug:

Just let me know what you think!;-)

The tune will def help you out Kevin.:pepper:

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
Kevin I think all of the Ford vehicles come rich as hell. I know that when mine was stock I could get high off all of the fumes coming out the exhaust. I think they don that especially fro the S/C car so they won't get leaned (SP?) out and damage the pistons or the motor. It drives me nuts though. I just moved from the Valley, Turlock, to Chico up north and the heavier air up here just kills my car. I hate it. I can't wait to get it tuned.

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
I just requested the day off...should be okay...my boss denied my request to take my birthday off...(keeping fingers crossed).

I may have to call in sick that day if she schedules me...

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
A Pete aka (Quik Z06),

Did you get word from Linn yet about when the dyno day will be?:shrug: Just curious if it's on Dec 9th. That would be the best! :beer:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
damn again if it was closer to socal i would be down. Bay area or campbell where that is, its just too far. Although i wouldnt mind having my car dynoed by the "well known" tuner around.

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
A Pete aka (Quik Z06),

Did you get word from Linn yet about when the dyno day will be?:shrug: Just curious if it's on Dec 9th. That would be the best! :beer:

that date won't work for me...I'm getting my cams/heads/headers installed on Nov 9-14, and I will need a tune after that..(in addition to billy's tune). I requested that day off from work, too...

Quik Z06

Established Member
Ok its official its happening Nov 18th, that has been confirmed by Amazon. No more if's and whens its NOV 18th in San Jose at Jeff S's Shop. So now we seriously need to get whos in and whos not. If your in, you need to make payments directly to Linn at Amazon with Credit Card or Check (make sure it gets there fast) Remember this is the $150 Tuner Fee (Mandatory) and $125 Tune Fee if your not a customer of theirs already. You can reach Linn at 1 864 332 0955 and tell her you want to pay for the Dyno Day in CA. I would leave your SN with her and she could possible call me or add it to the board as paid. If not once you pay you can call me, Pete at 209-607-6524 and let me know your paid for and I will add you. Remember we keep receipts for all of this (no scams) :) j/k...this should be fun. Once you have paid we will post on the thread that you have been paid in full, but remember if you need a SCT tuner ask Linn about it when your on the phone with her.

As for the rest of the payments...You pay cash at the dyno $80/hr for the time you use. And last we all split the travel expense that Rick incurs. Im trying to be as clear as possible, its a lot of info, but we still have some time to sort it out. Any questions feel free to call me or post. Thanks

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Nov 18th-19th is going to be the day..it was confirmed this morning..Rick will be tuning for Saturday and Sunday and travelling back here Monday so he will be able to do a full day on Sunday

anyone who needs a tuning product like a XCAL2 or MAF needs to contact me asap.. since we are doing this on such short notice I need to have enough time to get those products shipped out to you so they will be there in time for the tuning day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread