rims?

94Mustang302

Long Live 302...
Established Member
what do u guys use to clean your rims? ive had my car since early sept and still havent gotten all the brake dust off the front rims. whats the best cleaner out there? my rims are also the stock 95 GT rims. thers a pic in my sig to give u a better look. all feedback is appreciated:beer:

Chris95GT

Established Member
On my stock 95 GT wheels I just used a tire brush and Eagle One wheel cleaner, it's a spray on, rinse off stuff but I had good luck spraying on and scrubbing with the brush after letting it sit for a few minutes. It works pretty good on my White powedercoated 98 Cobra wheels as well.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I just sponce them off while I am washing the rest of the car, and then I dry them and spray Tropi-car detail spray on them to ginve them a nice shine.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I don't use any cleaner that is abrasive, most of these wheel cleaners out there will damage just about anything except a stock wheel. Go to wal-mart, they have these really cool dish scrubbing brushes that are battery powered with a cone head, should work really well.

Scott P

Established Member
Are those rims clearcoated? If so, you should treat them like your paint. For wheel cleaners, Eagle One A2Z gets high marks and is very safe. Once they are clean, keep a good coat of sealant on them. Then, you should only need regular wash soap to keep them clean.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
If you have some old body clay you can use that but don't reuse it on your paint once it's been retired to wheel duty. Flitz metal polish also works pretty good on stubborn spots!

Good Luck!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread