RIP, Walter Becker from Steely Dan. You were something different.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One of my favorite groups. Yeah, they definitely did have a unique sound. Sad news.

Memories....and my favorite Steely Dan tune.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
This is terrible news.
A big loss to the music community. I was spinning Steely Dan albums all day yesterday.
R.I.P. Walter

04MysticCobra

Established Member
One of my favorite groups. Yeah, they definitely did have a unique sound. Sad news.

Memories....and my favorite Steely Dan tune.

Agreed Bob. Since I am old as dirt and was listening to rock before Steely Dan appeared I followed their music for a long time. They had some great songs along the way but my favorite album has always been Aja. Sad news about Becker.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Agreed Bob. Since I am old as dirt and was listening to rock before Steely Dan appeared I followed their music for a long time. They had some great songs along the way but my favorite album has always been Aja. Sad news about Becker.
That was a great, mellow tune. Similar to Deacon Blues. My 2nd favorite is Rikki Don't Lose That Number. :)

VegasMichael

Established Member
^"Steely Dan" is a reference to William S. Burroughs' 1959 novel Naked Lunch. In Naked Lunch, "Steely Dan III from Yokohama" is a steam-powered dildo. Donald Fagen recalled to Mojo magazine: "We had to come up with a name in a hurry and Walter and I were both Burroughs fans, though he was not known at the time. It was an in-joke- who's going to know what Steely Dan was? And we figured that, like most of our bands in the past, it would fall apart after three months, so we didn't think much about it."

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
Looks like if this North Korea thing goes hot, his methods will be put to the test. This from 9 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ssssnake

Established Member
I always enjoyed them. I do agree that Aja was my favorite. I'll have to take them off my bucket list. RIP

Users who are viewing this thread